Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 27 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63215 Topics
442039 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#47530 - 04/08/04 04:40 PM Re: Thank you but there are so many questions
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Marc that is what we are for. To rant in front of.

Hey brother I know it is going to be hard but just do it ok. It is a first step in dealing with the horror of sexual abuse. Remember you are not alone. Anytime you want to ask questions or seek confirmations we are here for you. We also have lots of strong shoulders to lean on. And now your shoulders have joined ours.

Also please remember it was not your dirty little secret it was you damned perp's.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#47531 - 04/08/04 06:15 PM Re: Thank you but there are so many questions
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Marc
Quote:
I don't think I could live with being subjected to ridicule or disgust by others here.
That isn't going to happen, we all know the pain you feel, we feel it as well. This site is for Survivors - by Survivors.

From reading your post I get the feeling that dealing with your abuse is fairly new to you, and that's the scary time. I first disclosed my abuse at the age of 46, about 6 years ago. And I can remember the feelings of terror, shame, guilt and uncertainty that I went through. They do get better Marc, it's not easy and you will have to work at it, but it will get better.

You've done the hardest thing already - making an appointment to see the psychiatrist. And you seem to have made a good choice in finding one that knows about PTSD and abuse.
Walking through his door for the first time will be hard, but walking out will be wonderful. Proper professional treatment is the way to go without a doubt.

It's also going to be difficult to relate what happened to you to your therapist, but trust me on this one, he's heard it before and you ain't going to shock him. And if you don't tell, he won't be able to help.
Releasing the crap that happened to you helps one person - "YOU" .
The secrets are shattered and you regain control.

the same thing happens here Marc, we know what goes on behind closed doors, we know the ways and lies of the abusers. So ask your questions, please don't think you will be judged or ridiculed - it won't happen. We might not have any answers, if we did have some we wouldn't need to be here ! but what we have is understanding and support, and you're welcome to your share of it.

Dave

#47532 - 04/08/04 06:35 PM Re: Thank you but there are so many questions
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
Marc,
I can only tell you that it is not a pleasant journey, but it is necessary and we are all here for you. You are our brother, and we will do all we can to help you. They have helped me immeasurably in the last month. Peace my brother!
Casey

#47533 - 04/08/04 10:47 PM Re: Thank you but there are so many questions
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Marc,

You can ask all the questions you want, when your ready. You can rant all you want. We'll listen and give you our input on it. You will not be the subject of ridicle and disgust. Your perp, yes, but not you.

It is great that you are seeking the professional help that you need. We are supportive, but we aren't professionals. My phychiatrist was the first person I told of my SA, and only because he asked.

The shame of SA is the perps, not yours. He only put that in your head to keep you quiet. Pretty effective wasn't it? Not anymore. You have the power to take control over your own life.

Take care,
Bill

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.