Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rpalm06 (46)
Who's Online
4 registered (GT13568, susie, 2 invisible), 11 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63557 Topics
444051 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#470008 - 09/13/14 11:48 PM Greetings & some thoughts
BobdaFarmer61 Offline

Loc: Virginia
Hello! I am excited to find this site with so many other like-minded people. The loneliness and isolation that I always felt were compounded by further insulating myself from the outside world. I did this primarily because of the guilt and shame I felt, and didn't know how to release. The things that happened were very long ago, but the scars from the wounds today are much worse than the actual injuries now. I believe that I need to deal positively with these issues to heal. I spent my life so far medicating the hurt with food, drugs, alcohol, sex, and a few other things too. Now, after almost 7 years of abstinent eating, and being clean from drugs and alcohol, I finally feel ready to address the base issue-namely, the abuse, bullying, humiliation, & ridicule that I underwent from about age 7 to age 13. I am excited by the prospect of eventual recovery thanks to my progress in the other areas of my life. The 12-step programs have taught me that change is possible-even if it is only changing how I think about things in my mind. The affirmations posted on the home page here really made me joyful because I read, and re-read, each affirmation as a promise that I could incorporate as a promise from my Higher Power. I look forward to learning and sharing life, support, encouragement, and getting to know others who share similar life experiences. I am sorry that anyone suffered any abuse, but I am very grateful that I don't have to bear these burdens alone and can share experience, strength, and hope, as we all recover together. I hope to post more later. This is my first post here. I can't wait to spend some time here digesting and assimilating what other's have done before me. Thanks for your support and encouragement and know that I will offer my support as I am able. Please forgive me if I am off-topic, but I am celebrating the innocent joy of my inner child as I compose this initial post. Just finding this site give me so much hope and encouragement. I am anxious to divest myself of the shame, guilt, denial, disguise, and other toxic behaviors in favor of working to see what true recovery looks like. I'll post more as I am able. I am open to receiving any insight and directions that might be helpful to me as I begin this journey.

#470009 - 09/13/14 11:49 PM Re: Greetings & some thoughts [Re: BobdaFarmer61]
jj78 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Midwest
Hi there...JJ here. Welcome to MS...I'm glad you found this site.

#470010 - 09/13/14 11:59 PM Re: Greetings & some thoughts [Re: BobdaFarmer61]
finallyhere Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Midwest
Hey, Glad to have you here and yes the comfort among numbers is great. Knowing we are not alone in itself is momentum to keep moving forward.

#470011 - 09/14/14 12:03 AM Re: Greetings & some thoughts [Re: BobdaFarmer61]
woodenshoes Offline

Welcome glad your here. Hope you find the friendship of your fellow man help with the journey to heal our inner boy. There are lots of resources call on us as needed.

heal well
ws

#470067 - 09/15/14 03:03 PM Re: Greetings & some thoughts [Re: BobdaFarmer61]
Nothing Man Offline

Loc: Ohio
Welcome to a place of healing and peace. We stand with you.
Resting on my night table
It's just me lord, pray I'm able
I am the nothing man.

-- Bruce Springstein

#470090 - 09/15/14 11:15 PM Re: Greetings & some thoughts [Re: BobdaFarmer61]
Bluedogone Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast US
Hello BobdaFarmer61, and welcome

Your enthusiasm to meet the challenge of healing after so many years of otherwise is contagious. I hope some of it rubs off on me. I think you've found, as have I, that exchanging all the toxic behaviors of the past for the positive affirmations of future healing and recovery are easier, and seem somehow lighter if met with support and understanding. This support and understanding is what to expect at MS

Peace, good luck and heal well.

CJ

#470172 - Yesterday at 10:51 PM Re: Greetings & some thoughts [Re: BobdaFarmer61]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: BobdaFarmer61
...The things that happened were very long ago, but the scars from the wounds today are much worse than the actual injuries now..... I spent my life so far medicating the hurt with food, drugs, alcohol, sex, and a few other things too.
Welcome Bob,

You already have gained a great deal of insight from the work you've done so far. I hope MS proves to be helpful to you continuing that journey. I'm sure many others here benefited from your post. Keep up the good work.

Be well,

Jude
But I won't back down.
Tom Petty

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.