Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
4 registered (iaccus, traveler, Shyshark, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64187 Topics
447906 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#469398 - 08/27/14 05:24 AM Give Yourself a Break
1lifenow Offline

Loc: west coast
Why can't you give yourself a break?

That's what my sister asked me. We went through a shit storm as children and circumstance yet here you are she said. Loving , caring, kind, thinking of others and striving to work hard to be a better man. So why can't you give yourself a break ?

I want to say I just can't but that is a cop out. Yet I seem unable to accept that I will make mistakes and errors of judgement like any other person. The hurt is always just below that surface. Its the shits.

Stop putting others needs before your own she said. You have been through too much already, you survived. Let it go.

I know I have to, I just seem to hold myself to a standard thats more than what i expect from others. I know I have so many great attributes, this is not one of them.

WoR Barrie 2011

#469399 - 08/27/14 06:13 AM Re: Give Yourself a Break [Re: 1lifenow]
don64 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St. Croix, USVI
Hi 1lifenow,

One of the effects of my abuse was to totally disable my ability to feel love, compassion and any sense of kindness and caring for myself. In fact, one of the effects of my abuse was to set in motion a long term program of destroying any sense of me in an effort to remain safe, to be able only to please.

I've been working on remedying this for decades and have made some progress. But, there is still a long way to go and I do get discouraged at times. Just because I understand it doesn't mean I'm adept at healing it.

Sending you love and support.

Don
Divine Law is not judgment or denial of self truths. Divine Law is honoring harmony that comes from a peaceful mind, an open heart, a true tongue, a light step, a forgiving nature, and a love of all living creatures. Jamie Sams & David Carson, Medicine Cards

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.