Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
3 registered (GT13568, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447698 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#469181 - 08/20/14 05:22 PM Fasting, diet and depression
cosmos Offline

Loc: Puget Sound
I know a lot of you suffer with the exact opposite problem as me, heck I don’t think I ever read a post here from someone talking about starving yourself, but yes I have that problem, I can just stop eating. I recently realized that I let the depression get to me I stop eating and then the “clarity of mind” that I get makes it extend out, and finally the depression ends, it then hits you, you’ve stopped eating, you’re going to die! I guess I struggle with anorexia, kinda weird to be a guy right? But I really do have a phobia of getting fat. The reason I bring this up though is that you really are what you eat and your brain can be easily influenced what you ingest. Some things just make you sad and lethargic, makes the depression worse.

Words to eat by; if your G.G.Mother did not know what it is do not eat it.

Meaning the food label needs to have ingredients like; milk, sugar, beef, cinnamon, if what you’re eating has and chemical names in it, no natural flavors either; don’t eat it. The other thing is if you’re trying to lose weight its really pretty simple, only shop the produce, meat and dairy isles, no potatoes, no bread, no wheat, no sauces, no salad dressing nothing but fresh fruits/vegetables, meat and cheese and just watch the pounds slowly fall off.
I have lost 50lbs twice following the above in about 6 months’ time, and each time you eat like this to lose weight you will get more into eating healthy; you’ll forget about the donuts and breads, the cakes and the ice cream, try a bowl of frozen fruit.

The bottom line is the better you eat the better you feel, and the less likely to be depressed.

Chris

T. Paine

#469191 - 08/20/14 10:35 PM Re: Fasting, diet and depression [Re: cosmos]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Agreed!

We always have a ton of dishes after every meal because we rely on freshly-made food instead of pre-packaged stuff. I love bread, but my wife likes to bake from scratch. Her bread has all of four or five ingredients. She made a cherry pie last week totally from scratch--including fresh Bing cherries.

I'm not saying I don't enjoy a big cheeseburger once in a while, but we get hormone-free grass-fed beef and I add very little to it on the grill. I make our own oven-baked potato fries by get this--slicing whole potatoes.

I love beer, but avoid the big breweries because of all the adjuncts in the beer. The micro brewery I like uses all-natural ingredients that actually belong in beer.

I've been called a food snob, but it's what I've done for a long time. It takes more time, and costs a little more, but we made it made it a priority. We keep our cars until the wheels fall off, so I think good food is a nice tradeoff.

Will

Edited by Suwanee (08/20/14 10:53 PM)

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.