Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
4 registered (Doubter, traveler, pattom, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443005 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#468997 - 08/16/14 12:16 AM trigger alert- treated an adult male for rape
Tyr Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey guys.

Working at my job and had someone come in with wounds on face and body and divulged he was raped.

Some of his conduct was strange but at least I treated him respectfully. He wanted to shower, and I encouraged him not to. He was unsure about getting an exam as the rapist allegedly used condoms. But I encouraged him that even still, other kinds of tissue evidence are available.

He went to the ER of the hospital but it was...a debacle. He made a scene and evidently got kicked out. He called me a few hours later and thanked me for treating me normally which was cool. I checked with a rape crisis counselor later and tried to preserve his choices which I did and got complimented. But it was WAY out of my scope and it didn't trigger me. But given that part of my harassment for reporting my rape is gang stalking related, it was terrible to say I wasn't sure if this was real or a drug addict being paid to just act and play a part (please research organized gang stalking and "street theatre" ).

Whether it was or was not I treated him fairly and kindly as I wished so many adults could have and would not treat me these last 3 years.

Tyr OUT

#468999 - 08/16/14 12:47 AM Re: trigger alert- treated an adult male for rape [Re: Tyr]
kcinohio Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Not sure what the job situation is, but sounded like you handled it well.

Hope the harassment of yourself you mentioned isn't something that is ongoing. That sounds troubling to deal with.

#469000 - 08/16/14 01:27 AM Re: trigger alert- treated an adult male for rape [Re: Tyr]
Tyr Offline
MaleSurvivor

thank you kc. Yes it is. But I am trying to endure.

#469004 - 08/16/14 03:09 AM Re: trigger alert- treated an adult male for rape [Re: Tyr]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
a little kindness goes a long long way.
especially immediately following the trauma.
it makes me glad to hear how you handled yourself
in this horrible situation.
you didn't crack and you shared your strength and compassion.

War
Love
Poetry

#469006 - 08/16/14 05:01 AM Re: trigger alert- treated an adult male for rape [Re: Tyr]
Tyr Offline
MaleSurvivor

thanks ;-)

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.