Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
6 registered (woodenshoes, Obi, 4 invisible), 33 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63649 Topics
444527 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#468919 - 08/14/14 06:07 AM Re: SWEET Justice! [Re: Still]
lostc Offline

To be honest I think it was a great thing. Today people are too often becoming pacified and letting increasingly incompetent and indifferent authorities babysit them and see that "justice is served", which often never truly happens or is just a token gesture which is more of an insult. Everyone here can agree that such a thing can easily and probably always totally change your life for the worse and can ruin your life. Years of future pain and torture for this boy even though the physical acts of abuse by that degenerate is over. That boy could have easily already committed suicide because of the years of abuse. A ruined life/possible suicide compared to a beating which the offender deserves plus sending a message to society, the boy, his family and community about what people think of this. Instead of quietly filing a police case, letting the offender take it easy and enjoy a sheltered life in prison where they are kept apart from other prisoners who would want to harm them. It seems pretty clear to me, even after reading the other opinions. I hate the mainstream media, but aside from all that, the merits of the actions of the father seems pretty clear to me.

Edited by lostc (08/14/14 06:50 AM)

#468928 - 08/14/14 04:56 PM Re: SWEET Justice! [Re: lostc]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right Behind You!
Originally Posted By: lostc
To be honest I think it was a great thing. Today people are too often becoming pacified and letting increasingly incompetent and indifferent authorities babysit them and see that "justice is served", which often never truly happens or is just a token gesture which is more of an insult. Everyone here can agree that such a thing can easily and probably always totally change your life for the worse and can ruin your life. Years of future pain and torture for this boy even though the physical acts of abuse by that degenerate is over. That boy could have easily already committed suicide because of the years of abuse. A ruined life/possible suicide compared to a beating which the offender deserves plus sending a message to society, the boy, his family and community about what people think of this. Instead of quietly filing a police case, letting the offender take it easy and enjoy a sheltered life in prison where they are kept apart from other prisoners who would want to harm them. It seems pretty clear to me, even after reading the other opinions. I hate the mainstream media, but aside from all that, the merits of the actions of the father seems pretty clear to me.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#468953 - 08/15/14 04:44 AM Re: SWEET Justice! [Re: Still]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
AMEN!
Preach it, Brother!!!
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#469065 - 08/17/14 03:54 PM Re: SWEET Justice! [Re: Still]
Nothing Man Offline

Loc: Ohio
One of my perps was a 14 (or so) year old boy who raped me. A couple things are clear, however. I've had a really rough life as an alcoholic suffering from major depression. I've drunk myself out of every good job and schooling opportunity I've had. My life is basically a train wreck.

And I found my perp on LinkdIn. He is a well-respected audiologist (a doctor!) in San Francisco, living what is presumably a very comfortable life.

It does not seem fair.
Resting on my night table
It's just me lord, pray I'm able
I am the nothing man.

-- Bruce Springstein

#469093 - 08/18/14 05:19 PM Re: SWEET Justice! [Re: Still]
Sven Offline

There was no sweet justice for anyone here. It's just another sad case. And no.. life ain't fair. There's always someone better of or worse off. Doesn't help anyone to compare..
And all this rage and anger i see here isn't going to help anyone either, esp not yourself..
Into souls on the tree of pain
From the firefly a red orange glow
See the face of fear
Running scared in the valley below
~ Bullet The Blue Sky - U2

#469182 - 08/20/14 05:37 PM Re: SWEET Justice! [Re: Still]
cosmos Offline

Loc: Puget Sound
I hesitated to post a reply but all I read and all I see is sadness, sad that another boy was allegedly raped and the fallout from the event of discovery. I remember what it was like to be that four-year old little boy and discovered, I remember my fatherís reaction, I remember everyoneís reaction, nothing good, there are no winners here just losers. While I understand the need for revenge and justice, itís a very primitive and base emotion; itís also the root cause of a lot of the evil in the world today, an eye for an eye? I donít get it, Jesus said turn the other cheek, what would Jesus have done? Sorry I just condone violence of any sort and am very weary of those that can condone the sufferings of others. Understand I have truly hurt people and know that the knowledge of the pain I have caused haunts me daily.

Chris

T. Paine

#469185 - 08/20/14 08:19 PM Re: SWEET Justice! [Re: cosmos]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
Originally Posted By: cosmos
Understand I have truly hurt people and know that the knowledge of the pain I have caused haunts me daily.

I'm with you, cosmos.

please don't misunderstand me,
I am all in favour of intervention,
and I completely comprehend the instinctive impulse to attack an abuser actually caught in the act.
it is dangerous and unhealthy for me to indulge
or engage in such a surge of rage.
i have found it equally degrading to my dignity to dwell on thoughts of inflicting punishment or pain on people, even predators and perpetrators.
believe me...
I would love to have been rescued,
but there is a fine line between rescue and revenge that separates the two incompatible states of mind.

War
Love
Poetry

#469196 - 08/20/14 11:34 PM Re: SWEET Justice! [Re: Still]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Perhaps its not the violence visited on the perp that attracts some of us. I think its the rescue. Its the fact that the abuse was stopped. The fact that someone (in this case the father) found out and did something about it.

For many of us thats one of the painful facts of our CSA experiences. That no one knew. That no one rescued us. And by inference, no one cared. No one valued us enough to notice and take us out of danger. We concluded that we were worthless objects.

For me the father's response shouts "Somebody cares! Somebody thinks the kid's worth saving!" Whatever damage was done to the boy, perhaps he won't have to carry that same deep sense of worthlessness that I, and many others, have carried.

I know its probably more complicated than that. But I can't help but feel some satisfaction when any kid gets rescued from a sexual predator.

Jude
But I won't back down.
Tom Petty

#469197 - 08/21/14 12:58 AM Re: SWEET Justice! [Re: Jude]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
amen, Jude.

applaud the rescue.
avoid the revenge.

that is the most positive aspect of this otherwise negative event.

we can all agree that the boy's welfare should be top priority.

War
Love
Poetry

#469253 - 08/22/14 06:43 AM Re: SWEET Justice! [Re: Sven]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right Behind You!
Originally Posted By: Sven
There was no sweet justice for anyone here. It's just another sad case. And no.. life ain't fair. There's always someone better of or worse off. Doesn't help anyone to compare..
And all this rage and anger i see here isn't going to help anyone either, esp not yourself..

I never knew what it was like to have any earthly defender for anything. A father whom would defend and rescue would have been amazing, but instead, mine was too caught-up in worldly rage and using me as the object of said rage. I eventually learned there would be no rescue provided by Batman, SuperMan or the neighbors after hearing my screams through open windows.

I look at this rescue as 'someone having actually rescuing a child.' The term "justice" is not limited to beating the perp. It includes, in its definition scope, the rescue of the child. I have little-to-no tolerance for coddling, understanding or accommodation for the perp whatsoever. They are murderers and ought to be neutralized with extreme prejudice. The "justice" here (IMO) is the rescue and the neutralization. Said "neutralizing" is now the perp's prison sentence.

Prison life will likely be an ultra-violent nightmare for the perp. Ought we not send him there?

Originally Posted By: Still
The justice comes from the guy being caught...the boy's agony ending...one more perp off the street.

Again:
I'm not equating revenge to justice, or justice to revenge. Sometimes, halting a demon requires human nature. Human nature, in this case, resulted in a violent arrest of the turd.

Originally Posted By: Nothing Man
One of my perps was a 14 (or so) year old boy who raped me. A couple things are clear, however. I've had a really rough life as an alcoholic suffering from major depression. I've drunk myself out of every good job and schooling opportunity I've had. My life is basically a train wreck.

And I found my perp on LinkdIn. He is a well-respected audiologist (a doctor!) in San Francisco, living what is presumably a very comfortable life.

It does not seem fair.

Someone takes a beating. Every time. Every act of evil...they all have their own perch upon which they sit and fester...and infect a life. The negative outcome will manifest and be held by someone.

NothingMan: In your case and mine, the abuse took us off the viable tracks of a good life...sent us careening into a wreck.

Others: I'm sorry some feel it wrong to think of this case as "justice." Maybe "Hooray for a fitting outcome for one perp and....." Eh...I can't even fabricate a rationale to a new definition. All I can do is admire the father and the son for their strength and determination to make their definition of justice happen.

I find that in practice, pacifism exist on a scale...a continuum of sorts. At one end is beating, murder, violence. And at the other end we find inaction. Complete and full inaction...acceptance and allowance for the wolf. The pain-burden is then placed fully and squarely upon the child if the wolf walks free.

***TRIGGER WARNING*** In invisible text. Highlight-over the lines below to read.

So what should the father's reaction have been? Where on the continuum would you land? Would you: 1) beat or kill the perp? 2) Ask him to kindly remove his dick from your son's ass and have him wait on that chair for the police? or 3) Allow him to "finish," offer him a towel and walk him to the door wishing him a good night?

Pacifism requires denial and willful ignorance of certain realities!!

In the middle-east, right now, there are evil creatures cutting the heads off of children. The only way to stop them is to pass hot bullets through them. There is no other way to stop them. I will not kneel on the sheet of plastic for such creatures. I'd rather stop them.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.