Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
3 registered (Cthulhu, 2 invisible), 11 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63578 Topics
444190 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#468900 - 08/13/14 06:38 PM Hello
lostc Offline

Hey, I just registered. I've been a bit confused about stuff which happened when I was younger so I posted yesterday in the female abuser subforum, I thought I guess I could post an introduction here. I'm not sure how much or what I can further contribute but I'm glad to have found out about the forum. The problems which have really strongly affected my life have been my depression and social anxiety, but I began wondering in recent times if these things which happened when I was younger could have changed who I am now or something like that. It wasn't anywhere near as obviously bad as most people's experiences I read about but for what its worth I thought I should explore it.

#468901 - 08/13/14 07:16 PM Re: Hello [Re: lostc]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
we are all explorers here.
yes. our experiences vary,
as do our recoveries.

what we share is compassion
and empathy and truth and
feelings and memories that are
unique and yet there is a common thread.

you will find reflections of your mind and soul
everywhere in this forum.

so explore.

welcome to MS.org

( I highly RECOMMEND THE POETRY - i spend hours there )

War
Love
Poetry

#468905 - 08/13/14 10:28 PM Re: Hello [Re: lostc]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Welcome lostc,

I'm glad you found MS, and hope you do find some answers, perhaps some here.

Be well,

Jude
But I won't back down.
Tom Petty

#468917 - 08/14/14 05:10 AM Re: Hello [Re: lostc]
lostc Offline

victor-victim: thank you for the welcome. yeah, over the years I've had a lot of therapy with different people but it never helped for any of my problems, so sometimes I wonder if theres some missing key or something, I think I would have thought of it though if it was there, nevertheless. I will take a look at the poetry section, thanks and take care.

Jude: Thanks for the welcome. I hope to, will see how it goes. thanks and you take care too.

#468930 - 08/14/14 05:48 PM Re: Hello [Re: lostc]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Všlkommen lostc

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#468933 - 08/14/14 06:36 PM Re: Hello [Re: lostc]
DavoSwim Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa, USA
lostc

I'm glad that you have joined, although I'm sorry that it was necessary to do so. Everyone's story is unique, and everyone's story is important to him. I do understand thinking that your story might not be as bad as someone else's. I felt that way too about my story, that what happened to me wasn't as bad as what happened to other guys. I found nothing productive comes from that. Your story is important, and if you've been affected, then getting help is important. You know how you've been affected, and so working on it is important. This is a great place to find support. It's worth exploring to find out if what happened to you when you were young has affected you know. It's worth exploring. In your quest to find answers, the fact that you haven't found anything, doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just that you haven't discovered it yet.

Good luck to you. You've taken that first important step, which is to seek answers to your questions. I wish you well

Dave

#468964 - 08/15/14 11:01 AM Re: Hello [Re: lostc]
lostc Offline

Thank you Still.

DavoSwim: Thank you very much for the comment, it makes sense what you said and is helpful. At the time of the second relationship with that woman it was such an intense time, and at the time I really hated myself, only a long time afterwards did I begin to realize I had no reason to hate myself and began liking myself. So I never considered that the woman could ever be wrong in any way, and basically let her do anything or say anything as I thought I deserved it and that I didn't deserve her or deserve to live in the first place. Now I'm beginning to realize a lot of what happened wasn't right. So its confusing and conflicting how I felt she cared for me and that I loved her, but then theres the bad things she did. The same with the first person. I guess like you say its a good beginning to begin exploring it now that I can. Thanks, I hope you get to where you want to be too.

Edited by lostc (08/15/14 11:37 AM)

#468980 - 08/15/14 08:00 PM Re: Hello [Re: lostc]
DavoSwim Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa, USA
lostc,
I'm glad that there was some good in what I said. I understand how time can change how we view past events. Keep working on healing for it will work. Anytime you need to talk, feel free to write or send a PM.

Dave

#469007 - 08/16/14 05:11 AM Re: Hello [Re: lostc]
lostc Offline

Hi, yeah today I talked it for the first time to my psychologist I've just started seeing, it did help though I found it hard to open up and talk about these things so personally with another person face to face. Her feedback helped. Thank you for the offer, I appreciate it and might do that.

Edited by lostc (08/16/14 05:40 AM)

#469100 - 08/18/14 08:33 PM Re: Hello [Re: lostc]
pittsburgh Offline

Loc: west Chester, Pa
Hi: I also found it hard to open up at first. With time I started to trust the process more, It was easier. Give it time. It takes work and a willingness. Stay with it and the best to you.
it is and has been quite a trip thru life, as last I feel that I am in a better place, it takes work and in my case a wife the was and is forgiveing and helpful. At last a relationship has gone right, messed up three.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.