Newest Members
fromone2another, lbartgis, micro44, m75, scorpus
12702 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bob BlueSky (66), Brant (54), Happenstance (46), jimminy (27), keeper (49), MischievousSpirit (40), skooter27 (31), vbalfour (61), whancrar (49)
Who's Online
5 registered (Jay1946, 4 invisible), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12702 Members
75 Forums
65326 Topics
456865 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#468880 - 08/13/14 12:34 PM A quote from the novel "Steppenwolf"
frankie72 Offline

Loc: Australia
I was watching a movie the other night (which was pretty bad), but within it was a series of quotes from "Steppenwolf" by Herman Hesse, written around 1925.

"He went on two legs, wore clothes, and was a human being. But nevertheless, he was a wolf of the steppes. He learned a good deal, and was a rather clever fellow.

"What Harry had not learned however was this - to find contentment within himself and his own life. He knew all the time that in reality he was not a man.

"Though those who loved him only saw the one side of him, many loved him as a refined and educated man, horrified and disappointed when they discovered the wolf in him.

"And they had to because he wished - as every conscious being does - to be loved as a whole, and therefore it was just with those that he loved and treasured most, that he could least of all try and conceal the wolf."

I really found that this resonated with me. The hidden anger, trying to cover it up to appear normal. However when the exterior cracks, people see the darkness harboured within. I also find that those I do love, and I open up to and share my CSA with, are often repelled by me.

I used to blame them for not understanding, but I have come to terms with the fact it is my actions that cause this. When I open up, an angry child is released, venting his frustrations at the person I love, hurting them and causing them to leave.

#468886 - 08/13/14 02:02 PM Re: A quote from the novel "Steppenwolf" [Re: frankie72]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada

War
Love
Poetry

#468911 - 08/13/14 11:02 PM Re: A quote from the novel "Steppenwolf" [Re: frankie72]
kcinohio Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Neat perspective. Thanks for sharing it.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.