Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blakanezebruh (43), OneWithStrength (37), Parker (45), scottyg (42)
Who's Online
5 registered (dan_in_newengland, I Want 2 Thrive, 3 invisible), 14 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12463 Members
74 Forums
63990 Topics
446625 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#468853 - 08/12/14 11:30 PM Feeling low and down on my luck again.....
Zan72 Offline

It's been a while since I've been anxious and depressed, but I can feel it creeping in again.

I've been trying to exercise and lost some weight and found temporary work for 2 months, but I've been putting in applications to many jobs and still nothing. I'm starting to feel, I won't ever find a job and be able to go to therapy again.

Sometimes I just want to run away and never come back.

frown
And miles to go before I sleep.

#468857 - 08/13/14 01:35 AM Re: Feeling low and down on my luck again..... [Re: Zan72]
don64 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St. Croix, USVI
Hi Zan72,

I'm sorry you're feeling low and hopeless. I've been through a lot of rough spots over the years. In retrospect, the rough and low spots have never been about being rough and low. It's just that I never understood them at the time. They always had to do with something I simply did not understand, and usually with something I had no reason to be able to understand at the time. In other words, they were ALWAYS a process of discovery of something that was critical to who I truly am, and I would never have been able to grow or be satisfied unless I made the discovery.

I have also heard these times described as rerouting opportunities. Some of my rerouting opportunities have lasted several years, and have been a process or wringing out beliefs that just don't work for me, but had been indoctrinated by family, culture, western civilization, capitalism.

Something I found so very difficult to learn but essential to the process is to continue to take the next right step, often without really understanding what was going on. I have always eventually understood, it's just the time in the hallway can be hell at times.

Sending you love and support,

Don

p.s. I love the Frostiana song (by Copeland?) of your signature.
pp.ss. Sorry. Randall Thompson composed the music for the 6 Robert Frost poem suite Frostiana.

Edited by don64 (08/14/14 05:54 AM)
Edit Reason: add pp.ss.
Divine Law is not judgment or denial of self truths. Divine Law is honoring harmony that comes from a peaceful mind, an open heart, a true tongue, a light step, a forgiving nature, and a love of all living creatures. Jamie Sams & David Carson, Medicine Cards

#468913 - 08/14/14 12:15 AM Re: Feeling low and down on my luck again..... [Re: Zan72]
Zan72 Offline

Thanks for the reply. I actually thought I was getting better, but I guess I still need to work at it. I just pray it doesn't get too bad.

P.S. The lyrics might have been used in a song, but they're actually a poem by Robert Frost called "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening."

Edited by Zan72 (08/14/14 12:18 AM)

#468915 - 08/14/14 03:05 AM Re: Feeling low and down on my luck again..... [Re: Zan72]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
how are things lately, Zan72?
better or worse?

i find it just comes and goes like the tides.
i let it flow through me, and wash over me.
it always passes.

hope you are fine and feeling better soon.

i have posted the frost poem Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening here.
along with a few other frosts.
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=457051#Post457051

War
Love
Poetry

#468916 - 08/14/14 03:47 AM Re: Feeling low and down on my luck again..... [Re: Zan72]
justplainme Offline

I feel you Zan just stop identifying when listening to the voice inside your head saying that, many times we imagine we are thinking when all we are doing is really listening, try to change the station inside by just listening to those long held belief's that everything will be like it was in the past, you need to have courage to face those thoughts, hear them out, but don't ingest them, i know the fog that came come over when depression or sadness,or negative thinking comes over. Yet at those times a part of you is asking for reassurance and affirmation that you can handle it, i don't know if it's the little boy inside all of us, or just our soul asking us to be the knight in shinning armor we are,yet i do feel that it's perfectly normal to feel this way after doing so good, we can feel that this surely can't last, there must be some flaw some hidden agenda or the world is out to always crush me, don't despair. "You don't come out of hell by the same door you entered."

Edited by justplainme (08/14/14 03:48 AM)

"Survivors need an opportunity to define their own sexuality in their own terms, rather than in reaction to the abuse, so that they stop allowing their offenders to have power over them sexually."

#468932 - 08/14/14 06:24 PM Re: Feeling low and down on my luck again..... [Re: Zan72]
TheBobcatAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: AZ, U.S.A.
Zan72,

Sorry that you're feeling depressed, buddy. My advice is to talk about what's bothering you - if not to friends and family, then to your online brothers here, in chat. You might get some advice on job-hunting or resume-preparing that will help. It sounds like your depression is focused on finding a job, so maybe when you find one, your depression will subside?

When I'm depressed, I try to remember how much I am loved and that good times always come around again. And you ARE loved here, brother. We accept you wholly and offer you our affection and understanding. We're your bros and we'll help you any way we can.

Try to think of us when you're feeling low. We're with you. We've got your back. We're here for you until good times roll around again (and even beyond that). You're not alone. You've got us!!!

Take it easy and calmly, buddy. Try not to stress. Try to reassure yourself that, whatever happens, you can deal with it and you will be okay. And if you need support, you've got all your brothers here to help you. smile

Hoping that a job lands in your lap soon,

Your brother,

Bobcat

#468935 - 08/14/14 06:56 PM Re: Feeling low and down on my luck again..... [Re: Zan72]
Zan72 Offline

I do have to keep myself busy, but it's hard when I can get a job. A woman can leave a job for several years and they will hire her. A guy stops working for a year or two and nobody will. frown

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.