Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
4 registered (4 invisible), 34 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63649 Topics
444527 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#468612 - 08/06/14 09:35 PM KEEP POSTING!
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
i urge all MS.ORG members to not let the lack of response discourage you from telling your truths in these forums.

your unanswered posts gave me peace and power.
your stories gave me strength and support for many years.
long before i ever had to courage to break my silence and secrecy,
i was encouraged and moved by your willingness to speak out.

for that, i wish to thank all the thousands of unanswered posts that are in this forum. you are being heard. your words matter.
they change lives, calibrating compasses and filling sails.
they inspire wounded spirits and comfort damaged souls.

KEEP POSTING!

War
Love
Poetry

#468613 - 08/06/14 09:46 PM Re: KEEP POSTING! [Re: victor-victim]
fhorns Offline
MaleSurvivor

Your words inspire me Victor.

Thank YOU for speaking up--it reminds me of my roots. Thank you for that.

#468617 - 08/07/14 12:57 AM Re: KEEP POSTING! [Re: victor-victim]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Agreed Victor. I can recall early on, writing posts that drew no replies. My mind immediately went to: "Of course not, everything I say is stupid anyway. Why would anyone reply..." Well the truth is that not every post gets a reply. That doesn't mean nobody identified with it, or was helped by it.

You want to get replies? Post something about masturbation. Its guarenteed to fill pages and pages!
But I won't back down.
Tom Petty

#468625 - 08/07/14 03:22 AM Re: KEEP POSTING! [Re: victor-victim]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
Thanks Victor it was definitely a good time for me to here this.

I've noticed a tendency recently where I'll start a post, and then think "well nobody wants more winjing from me! i'm sick of all this ccrap what's the point!" and give up writing it, which is likely just an expression of my frustration.

So a reminder that much as I feel often that all I do on these boards is constantly winj at people who have far more stuff of their own to deal with, and that what I say might be of use to someone was actually helpful.

I definitely needed a reminder that feeling self disgust and being selfish are not mutually exclusive.

#468631 - 08/07/14 06:54 AM Re: KEEP POSTING! [Re: Jude]
txb Offline

Originally Posted By: Jude
You want to get replies? Post something about masturbation. Its guarenteed to fill pages and pages!

Ha. That's true, or post something really controversial. But I noticed, not just from here but from all over the internet, that posts that get the most replies are ones where people get to talk about themselves. Ones that ask people what their opinion is of something, or what their experience of something was like. I think this is because people just like to give their opinions, and also talk about themselves.

To possibly get more replies I think it helps to try and keep your posts easy to read, break the text into short paragraphs. (Personally I write tons, but usually delete about 75% before pressing send to avoid boring everyone). Also for better replies it helps to state what you want from the post, like if you are looking for an answer to a specific part of it, or you want opinions or support.

I havenít been posting here much lately. I just havenít been spending much time on my computer and my phone hates sending replies on MS. Iíd like to post more though, but Iím not sure what I can really offer people. I donít feel like I can help people with actual grown up problems. But hey, if you need to know about anime then Iím your guy.

#468632 - 08/07/14 07:06 AM Re: KEEP POSTING! [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
we all just want to be heard, and hopefully validated, and secretly we need to be loved.
it is hard to give before you get.

Yearn to understand first, and to be understood, second.
-- Beca Lewis Allen

War
Love
Poetry

#468634 - 08/07/14 07:11 AM Re: KEEP POSTING! [Re: victor-victim]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I think sometimes just posting helps us to release our pain and hurt. Many times people do not know what to say in a reply. Our pain is individual. I have found some people PM, as I do, instead of posting a response on the forum. This is done for various reasons, some are not yet comfortable posting in the forum, others have a personal message to relay. I always appreciate the PM's because it allows people to connect in a different way. I know I read posts and do not respond. It is not that I do not support but rather I am not sure of an appropriate response.

#468636 - 08/07/14 08:22 AM Re: KEEP POSTING! [Re: txb]
fhorns Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: txb
But I noticed, not just from here but from all over the internet, that posts that get the most replies are ones where people get to talk about themselves. Ones that ask people what their opinion is of something, or what their experience of something was like. I think this is because people just like to give their opinions, and also talk about themselves.

Absolutely. When I write, I talk about me, yet I'm often seeking to feel validated. I used to go all over the place in topics, hoping anything would ring true with someone.

In fact, I'll say all the time I write about myself, I'm seeking company and support. I want to know I'm not alone.

When I ask for feedback, I usually get it too.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.