Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
3 registered (Still, kcinohio, 1 invisible), 10 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64191 Topics
447943 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#468371 - 08/02/14 03:17 AM Acupuncture experience feedback please
Still Online   sad
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
It only took me about 3 years for post disclosure living to get up the courage to see a Chiropractor. (I cannot be touched without flippin shit). Chiro worked really well. I've now got some deep-down, horrid pain that will likely end this body's viability much faster.

So I've tried a communal AP place. My Ex-wife bought me 5-sessions cuz I've been in constant agony. They are of a "different" practice...diff from what, I don't know. But it was not what I expected.

I was to relax in a very peaceful room in awesome chairs and surrounded music that melts into yer brain. I ordered a dry Absolute Martini w.twist, but got none. After a long chill-period, Dr Pin Prick comes along and machine-guns me with little needles. No undesirable pain, as I'm sort of a freak for that. Plus I didn't have to lose any clothing other than shoes and socks. So THAT was a plus.

I closed my eyes for further chill, and experienced some whacky flashbacks and original dream material from my new writers. About 5 minutes later, Dr StabaLot touched my arm and suggested it may be time to cut-out (as it was my first visit). He said an hour went by...not 5 minutes. He also said I was not sleeping, but flopping about in very speedy jolts, crying and wincing in apparent pain.

I don't really feel anything different, except the pain dropped by 70%-ish, and now sudden onset of pukey nausea finds me in an instant. But the pain is creeping back :-(

I can't wait to try it again, mostly because I reach a really deep level of "chill without the Pill."

Anyone have any similar or dif experience with AP? This is about All I can try as illicit drugs and adult beverages are flat-gone from my life.

#468599 - 08/06/14 05:06 PM Re: Acupuncture experience feedback please [Re: Still]
bluesky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi Still I happen to be an acupuncturist and have seen my patients shake and cry during treatments and have had experienced this my self when I have received treatments we say that it is en emotional release and is normal but for some I have to ground with breathing and other healing techniques. The "chill" you describe is what I and many others experience and is not only normal but desirable it is caused by a release of endorphin in the brain.
If you have any ? you can PM.
Good luck and its good that you are choosing to help your self even when it is hard to let go and let others do so I also had a hard time with that.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.