Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Asmodeus (31), comeath3 (75), Roy (53), Skeeter (55), tazrad (43), Treehugger75 (39), waterworld (53)
Who's Online
2 registered (Shyshark, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63991 Topics
446644 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#468096 - 07/28/14 12:03 AM It's time
HouseOfCards Offline

Just a short introduction. I've been lurking for a while, signed up a few weeks ago, and felt it was time to start participating.

I'm dealing with CSA that was repressed and denied until about 6 months ago. I have a T and I've read several of the books that are discussed here.

I'm having a hard time dealing. It's difficult for me to even admit that much. So I can understand how I managed to repress and effectively deny it for so long. Impacts both psychologically and physically have been nearly immeasurable. I have hope for the long road ahead. I'm thankful that I can add MS to my toolbox of books, T, and others in person, in time.

I'm hopeful that MS will help with the isolation, which is a significant issue for me.

I should probably start a thread in the other forum for more specifics. So that's it for now.

#468097 - 07/28/14 12:17 AM Re: It's time [Re: HouseOfCards]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
welcome to male survivors.
good to have you here.

i hope that we can help you with your feelings of isolation.
that is a significant issue for me and many other survivors.

it is good that you have overcome the denial and repression.

hope to hear more from you.

War
Love
Poetry

#468133 - 07/28/14 03:26 PM Re: It's time [Re: HouseOfCards]
Bluedogone Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast US
Hi HouseofCards, and welcome.

You've hit on two key words that so many of us on MS have dealt with - repressed and denied. I think my biggest breakthrough came when I discovered that on this site it was no longer necessary to deny or repress and to actually say out loud to myself that what happened to me actually happened. That was the beginning of healing for me, and I hope you find this site, the resources, and the member experiences & insights as helpful to you as I have.

Peace, heal well and good luck as you participate further in the forum posts.

CJ

#468143 - 07/28/14 07:09 PM Re: It's time [Re: HouseOfCards]
kcinohio Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Thanks Houseofcards for your intro. Hope you do find MS helpful. Personally, I feel it has helped alleviate some of that sense of isolation, but I agree, a whole toolbox is in order for dealing with this stuff.

#468165 - 07/29/14 07:43 AM Re: It's time [Re: HouseOfCards]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Welcome HOC,

This is a safe place to get it off your chest. Rant, cry, whatever. We've all been there, so you will not be judged or dismissed.

You short post was a huge step forward. Keep up the good work!

Be well,

Jude
That's why I'm telling you
I just want to celebrate another day of livin'
Rare Earth

#468171 - 07/29/14 09:30 AM Re: It's time [Re: HouseOfCards]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

HouseOfCards

Welcome and we are here to support you. You have hope which is so important in the healing process. It allows you realize there is a better way to live free of the abuse.

MS has helped me in so many ways. I found support and could vent and share as I needed. It was up to me but people did not forget each other. They reach out and know the pain and hurt you are experiencing. We understand the psychological and physical damage CSA can do the survivor.

It takes time and the ride can be emotional. Facing a past we buried for decades is hard to release. Once you begin it can be like a freight train, leaving the station and releasing the memories. But letting it out and it no longer being a secret can be liberating. The key is to surround yourself with caring people and not those that will re-traumatize you by not believing your past or encouraging you to heal.

Take your time and feel safe.

Kevin

#468257 - 07/30/14 09:18 PM Re: It's time [Re: HouseOfCards]
randombreeze Offline

Loc: WNY
Welcome HOC,

Sorry you need to be here, but like other's have stated, it's a safe place. Just knowing I wasn't the only one "like me" has made an immeasurable difference in helping to make sense the chaos that seemed to have been my shadow for 40+ years.

Like Kevin said in his comment above, the healing journey is a long one, fraught with emotion, but more liberating than I'd ever imagined. MaleSurvivor, it's kind, brave members, and the resources available here, have all helped smooth that bumpy journey. Heal well my friend.

Peace, Paul

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.