Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobbyJay (53), john50049 (57), Samii (34)
Who's Online
1 registered (Sonata1), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64014 Topics
446752 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#467950 - 07/24/14 07:02 PM LEE 83 has a problem with humor and taking jokes
Robert Barrett Offline

Loc: Michigan
My name is Lee 83 and I have been molested by my father and forced to do things with my sister. My father forced my sister to do things with him. It's not to settling for me to dig into but, I have a way of looking at like where i see it very seriously and at times i can joke around but at times, I have trouble joking with people. Just want to talk about some things.

#467998 - 07/26/14 08:23 AM Re: LEE 83 has a problem with humor and taking jokes [Re: Robert Barrett]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Dear Lee 83,

Welcome to MS. There are lots of forums & threads here addressing serious subjects related to childhood sexual abuse and recovery. You are invited to delve in to read and post as you feel able.

This thread is strictly for the occasional escape some of us need to share humor and laugh a little. No need to view it if it bothers you. Hope that helps.

Be well,

Jude
That's why I'm telling you
I just want to celebrate another day of livin'
Rare Earth

#468006 - 07/26/14 03:16 PM Re: LEE 83 has a problem with humor and taking jokes [Re: Robert Barrett]
Bluedogone Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast US
Hi Lee83,

Incest isn't funny in any shape, form or fashion and is certainly not a fit subject of humor.

But this forum (and this forum only) is quite different than the others. Rather than devote itself to the serious and important aspects of SA, it's a place to share the humorous side of life. In spite of all the grief, anxiety, and emotional turmoil we sometimes face, there IS still room left for humor. I admit I've done a whole lot of crying over the years, but I still believe laughter is the best medicine.
I hope you can use the other forums as you see fit to deal with serious issues, and leave the humor forum as a place to humorously relieve some of the stress of everyday coping. Thanks

CJ

Two men ran into a bar. One said to the other, "No, I didn't see it either."

#468012 - 07/26/14 08:04 PM Re: LEE 83 has a problem with humor and taking jokes [Re: Robert Barrett]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
"Humour is one of the best ingredients of survival."
~ Aung San Suu Kyi

Aung San Suu Kyi has been placed under house arrest in Burma for over 15 years, on numerous occasions, since 1989, because of her refusal to stay silent.

She is a very serious woman living dangerously and courageously under extremely hazardous conditions.

Despite all that, she still maintains her dignity by nurturing good will, promoting peace, and sustaining a sense of humour.

I find her very inspiring.
I humbly submit some information about her that may inspire others.

"Fearlessness may be a gift but perhaps more precious is the courage acquired through endeavour, courage that comes from cultivating the habit of refusing to let fear dictate one's actions, courage that could be described as 'grace under pressure' - grace which is renewed repeatedly in the face of harsh, unremitting pressure.

A most insidious form of fear is that which masquerades as common sense or even wisdom, condemning as foolish, reckless, insignificant or futile the small, daily acts of courage which help to preserve man's self-respect and inherent human dignity. It is not easy for a people conditioned by fear under the iron rule of the principle that might is right to free themselves from the enervating miasma of fear. Yet even under the most crushing state machinery courage rises up again and again, for fear is not the natural state of civilized man.

It is his capacity for self-improvement and self-redemption which most distinguishes man from the mere brute. At the root of human responsibility is the concept of perfection, the urge to achieve it, the intelligence to find a path towards it, and the will to follow that path if not to the end at least the distance needed to rise above individual limitations and environmental impediments
."

from an essay written by
Nobel Peace prize winner
Aung San Suu Kyi
"Freedom From Fear"
http://pandarepartee.pbworks.com/f/aung.pdf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyFam2z1piA&list=PL88D9D504F1341511

"Comedy is tragedy plus time."
~ Carol Burnett

it is my sincerest wish, with appropriate time and reflection, that you will find your own sense of humour, LEE83. hopefully, this website, and maybe even this forum, will help you get there. no hurry. don't rush. no pressure. healing has its own schedule, and there is no pushing it.

often, with humour comes joy and peace.

"Rejoice! Rejoice! We have no choice, but to carry on."
~ Stephen Stills

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.