Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
1 registered (JW1230), 27 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63772 Topics
445343 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#467699 - 07/17/14 05:35 AM Getting things together
Tyr Offline
MaleSurvivor

Had a pretty rough betrayal from a friend today. He was someone I tried to confide a few pieces of information about some of my victimization history. Instead he went off and started saying abusive, and cruel comments. I have been working hard on myself and got a boyfriend, lost weight, gained muscle and trying to work on me stuff. He didnt care for that and claims I "have an enemy in my friends" and "enjoy it while it lasts, thats part of the set up". Obviously he intends to make me destroy my owngoodness with fear. Trying not to fall for it. Instead did 250 push ups, told my bf I love him. Had a nice meal with a friend. Went to work. And tried just having a good attitude.

I am getting ready to watch my rapist get re sentenced too. And I have been experiencing a slight rise in harassment as I made it known I am going to the court hearing.

Its the only justice I will get. The other person who watched, has gotten a promotion in his career and sigh I just don't care. I hope he has grown a bit and realizes that what he watched was awful. Though I have a feeling he never will "get it".

I have the right to love,a nd joy and to work hard for merit. I am a good person with beauty and working hard to achieve inner victory against this Legion.

#467725 - 07/17/14 05:15 PM Re: Getting things together [Re: Tyr]
Tyr Offline
MaleSurvivor

thanks guys for your silence.

#467731 - 07/17/14 06:34 PM Re: Getting things together [Re: Tyr]
I Want 2 Thrive Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida, U.S.A
Well handled Tyr,

I had a few betrayals by confidants over the years. In those cases I took the F-I-D-O approach (Forget It Drive On). I refused to let some duplicitous bastard(s) derail MY recovery.

Good luck with the resentencing, I hope it brings some closure.

Sorry for the delay. I am, working dispatch today. It has been a meat grinder of a shift.

"There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind" C.S. Lewis
My Story: Short / Long version. *TRIGGERS*

#467838 - 07/21/14 08:22 AM Re: Getting things together [Re: Tyr]
Tyr Offline
MaleSurvivor

np thank u .... wish others would chime in - its a bit irritating that no one ever (read rarely) replies

Edited by Tyr (07/21/14 08:22 AM)

#467911 - 07/23/14 05:31 PM Re: Getting things together [Re: Tyr]
newground Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: michigan
hey tyr
I havent been around much but today I saw your post. I am glad to see you were able to remember your own worth. all that you said is true. you deserve good things ans I am glad that you are reaching for them. we are never able to find our sense of worth in others, but it feels good to have support when we can. I hope things continue to move in a good direction for you
Jeff
Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
Herman Melville

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.