Newest Members
garyPGH, Z63, Momiji, ja16, winter-rain
12660 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (30), ChevyMan76 (47), cuda (49), swartzhund (43), wdf9 (71)
Who's Online
5 registered (Obi, don64, 3 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12660 Members
74 Forums
65038 Topics
454875 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#467893 - 07/23/14 05:03 AM First Time Joining...............
wiresguy1 Offline

Loc: CT
First time on this site and the first time talking to anyone about the abuse other than my Therapist and immediate family. I do not know where to begin and what benefits I will receive, but I know I have to reach out to others that will understand the confusion, terror, frustration and isolation that I am experiencing. It has only been since Dec 2014 that I have come out with my issues that span over 50 years starting as a 5-6 year old boy.

Lots to remember and digest......................

#467900 - 07/23/14 12:22 PM Re: First Time Joining............... [Re: wiresguy1]
justplainme Offline

Welcome WG, we are here for you if you need help of any sort pal.

smile

"Survivors need an opportunity to define their own sexuality in their own terms, rather than in reaction to the abuse, so that they stop allowing their offenders to have power over them sexually."

#467901 - 07/23/14 12:24 PM Re: First Time Joining............... [Re: wiresguy1]
NoSimpleMachine Offline

Loc: SF Bay Area
Welcome to MS wiresguy. I hope you will find the site and forums and chat room helpful in your ongoing healing and understanding; it has helped many others, myself included. It's amazingly powerful to realize you're not alone. smile
What good is it to sing Helplessness Blues, why should I wait for anyone else?

#467903 - 07/23/14 12:29 PM Re: First Time Joining............... [Re: wiresguy1]
don64 Online   content
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St. Croix, USVI
Welcome wiresguy1. I talked to my first male survivor of sexual abuse here at MS last fall, and it has been so helpful to me. I hope your experience is at least as good as mine. Looking forward to you sharing your needs and concerns as you feel comfortable.

Don
Divine Law is not judgment or denial of self truths. Divine Law is honoring harmony that comes from a peaceful mind, an open heart, a true tongue, a light step, a forgiving nature, and a love of all living creatures. Jamie Sams & David Carson, Medicine Cards

#467908 - 07/23/14 03:52 PM Re: First Time Joining............... [Re: wiresguy1]
Bluedogone Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast US
Hi wiresguy1, and welcome

I hope you'll find, as I have, that a whole new dimension in healing and recovery is going to take place as you share here on MS the terror, confusion, isolation, and frustration that you are experiencing. There's no denying that talking to your T and your family is very important, but a whole new level of healing is possible as you use the resources here; and as you share as much or as little ( whatever is comfortable) about your struggles and successes in you healing journey.

Take care of yourself.

CJ

#467915 - 07/23/14 08:02 PM Re: First Time Joining............... [Re: wiresguy1]
wiresguy1 Offline

Loc: CT
Thank you everyone for the welcome. I trust that I will learn to use this resource as I go along and read what others have to say. But at this point I really do not know where to start.......

#467920 - 07/23/14 09:23 PM Re: First Time Joining............... [Re: wiresguy1]
NoSimpleMachine Offline

Loc: SF Bay Area
Take your time smile There's a lot of information and personal stories and advice to absorb here. I wouldn't recommend binge-reading the whole site, just keep nibbling away at it and in time you'll see what resonates with you smile
What good is it to sing Helplessness Blues, why should I wait for anyone else?

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.