Newest Members
fromone2another, lbartgis, micro44, m75, scorpus
12702 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bob BlueSky (66), Brant (54), Happenstance (46), jimminy (27), keeper (49), MischievousSpirit (40), skooter27 (31), vbalfour (61), whancrar (49)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12702 Members
75 Forums
65320 Topics
456826 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#467720 - 07/17/14 03:19 PM Psychosomatic Head Pressure
NoSimpleMachine Offline

Loc: SF Bay Area
Just a quick post here, I've been really feeling the affects of huge amounts of stress being released as I've had some walls in my mind break down...much easier to relive my abuse now...and I thought this was good information for other abuse survivors. In my experience, my initial experience with the head pressure and tension described in this article really scared the crap out of me, and of course, being scared made me feel even worse. But once I started getting through that tension, working on the emotions on the other side, and working to breathe/drink water/meditate/do EFT tapping/etc. to manage the stress, it's been getting better and better.

Wonder if other abuse victims can relate. Take care all.

http://www.calmclinic.com/anxiety/signs/head-pressure

Quote:
Head pressure is a very real physical experience, and it is possible that you're suffering from some illness. But in many cases, head pressure is nothing more than an anxiety problem, and the best way to cure that is to reduce your anxiety.
What good is it to sing Helplessness Blues, why should I wait for anyone else?

#467722 - 07/17/14 04:48 PM Re: Psychosomatic Head Pressure [Re: NoSimpleMachine]
focusedbody Offline

Loc: NY
Yes, I've been feeling it recently.

Thank you for the reminder about emotions. It seems easier to fight them with some hard thinking but that is probably how the head pain sets in.

This seems a little related to going beyond one's comfort level. Maybe that requires some extra breathing....

FB

#467728 - 07/17/14 05:52 PM Re: Psychosomatic Head Pressure [Re: NoSimpleMachine]
don64 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St. Croix, USVI
I'm very familiar with head pressure. For me, I always associate it with the thought of I could have a stroke if I don't figure out how to care for myself. It doesn't matter if that is reality or not, but it is a signal that I need to make a dramatic response to what I am doing. For me, it means to completely STOP until I understand what is going on with me and am calm. No exceptions. My arsenal includes meditation, naps, journaling, more naps, food, breath work and medication. I know how to do tapping, but have never used it for anxiety. Hmmm.

Don
Divine Law is not judgment or denial of self truths. Divine Law is honoring harmony that comes from a peaceful mind, an open heart, a true tongue, a light step, a forgiving nature, and a love of all living creatures. Jamie Sams & David Carson, Medicine Cards

#467757 - 07/18/14 01:11 PM Re: Psychosomatic Head Pressure [Re: NoSimpleMachine]
NoSimpleMachine Offline

Loc: SF Bay Area
Feel like I'm on the downhill slope of the worst of this. Still sometimes over-stimulated...still having some anxiety attacks...but accepting them, working through them, focusing on positivity and re-integration on the other side. Also exercised yesterday for the first time in too long...hopefully will keep that up, as it definitely helps.
What good is it to sing Helplessness Blues, why should I wait for anyone else?

#467762 - 07/18/14 07:05 PM Re: Psychosomatic Head Pressure [Re: NoSimpleMachine]
don64 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St. Croix, USVI
Love and support to you, NoSimpleMachine. Don
Divine Law is not judgment or denial of self truths. Divine Law is honoring harmony that comes from a peaceful mind, an open heart, a true tongue, a light step, a forgiving nature, and a love of all living creatures. Jamie Sams & David Carson, Medicine Cards

#467794 - 07/19/14 05:53 PM Re: Psychosomatic Head Pressure [Re: NoSimpleMachine]
justplainme Offline

Yeap i've felt this too bud! Perhaps installing a release valve in my head could help like in the cartoons? hahaha. It is a pain the motherfreaking ass. I'm sure you'll manage because from what i have read on here you got recovery pretty much down! My best to you!

"Survivors need an opportunity to define their own sexuality in their own terms, rather than in reaction to the abuse, so that they stop allowing their offenders to have power over them sexually."

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.