Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
1 registered (petercorbett), 14 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64185 Topics
447890 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#468092 - 07/27/14 10:35 PM Re: Urges [Re: Nate]
brother2none Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Undisclosed
There is some research out there that abuse affects portions of the brain, the hippocampus, if I recall correctly, that affects sexual stimulation etc... Might be worth a look. There may be a physical basis for the changes you feel.

#469320 - 08/24/14 05:57 PM Re: Urges [Re: Nate]
westsidej Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Hi all!

It's been a few years but it's good to be back with my CSA brothers. Many of you don't remember me but that's okay as I need to learn about many of you, too.

Please feel free to check out my story but it definitely contains triggers and like many of yours, has made some of our other brothers cry after reading it. I know that I cry or have anger after reading some of the survivor stories here.

Well, this seems as good as any topic to come back into MS on and so here's my take. I am currently in therapy, yet again wink for my CSA and the fallout from it that still affects me after all these years. I just talked with my sex therapist about how I can masturbate and orgasm in sometimes a minute or less thinking about all of the gay sex I had, abusive or not but can't always do it thinking about women. It's like a hardwire from my brain to my penis thinking about oral sex with a man.

She told me that so long as I just use it once in awhile for masturbation and recognize that's it just a way to get off quickly, it's no problem. I'm married and hetero now but have come to accept that I will always have those sexual memories and be aroused by them even though I much prefer heterosexual activity. The problem comes when flashbacks interfere with hetero sex which I don't want it to do or when abusive experiences are used in an unhealthy way and for sure acted upon.

The key thing that myself and others in the thread have mentioned is the need for therapy to address these issues and let the path to healing lead where it may. I can't recommend sexual and regular therapy enough as it has saved my marriage, allowed me to accept my homosexual experiences and desires and reminded me that but for my abuse, I would almost certainly been heterosexual and that I can choose my sexuality instead of having abusers do it for me. I only want and have had only had heterosexual relationships but am more than okay saying that I am turned on and get super hard thinking of men's genitals due to my abuse.

If you take away nothing else from my post, please know that it's okay to be aroused by your abuse, it's okay to be a heterosexual male who is turned on thinking about sex with men, it's okay to admit you can't heal from the abuse without professional therapy and it's okay to be open and honest here with your feelings and thoughts.

It's not okay to go through life letting our perps decide who we are as a person, who we're attracted to and for sure it's not okay to ruin personal relationships because we're too tough, too macho or too proud to seek out counseling to deal with our abuse and how it affects our sexuality and state of mind.

Hope this helps and be well my brothers.

J

Edited by westsidej (08/24/14 08:41 PM)
Edit Reason: added additional info

The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict. Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.