Newest Members
ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers
12505 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
4 registered (Daryl X., manipulated, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12505 Members
74 Forums
64194 Topics
447979 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#467553 - 07/13/14 08:11 AM Some songs I recorded
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
One thing I did while away, was go to a recording studio a couple of times so that I had some professional standard recordings of my voice. Sinse I know the chaps here have enjoyed my things in the past I'll post them.

The first can be Downloaded here

This was one I did in April, and has the songs Music of the night from Phantom, probably my single favourite song ever! Anthem from chess, a song about how a man feels about his country (russia), after leaving, and O Delmio Dolce Ardor, an early peace of Italian Opera by Gluk, sung by Paris about how much he loves Helen of Troi.

The second set I recorded just last week. this can be downloaded here This has two songs. Caro Mio Ben, which is another peace of Early opera hat literally translaes as "whenever your away, you make me feel ill!" and mast of the house from Les Misserables.

I love singing comedy songs, and this is one of them, sinse there's something really fun about being a slimy pub landlord who uses any methods to diddle money out of his customers. He's just such an energetic character and a complete villain!

To download, click on the links, then click on either where it says "click here to download" or the "Submit" button.

Both of these are zipped. You can unzip in windows by right clicking and selecting "extract" from the list (unless you've got an unzipping program anyway), 'm notsur abo ote paforms I'm afraid.

Hope people ike.

#467567 - 07/13/14 07:50 PM Re: Some songs I recorded [Re: dark empathy]
don64 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St. Croix, USVI
Hi DE,

I love to sing, and really wanted to listen to your recordings. However, my internet security kept interrupting because there is malware in the downloads.

Don
Divine Law is not judgment or denial of self truths. Divine Law is honoring harmony that comes from a peaceful mind, an open heart, a true tongue, a light step, a forgiving nature, and a love of all living creatures. Jamie Sams & David Carson, Medicine Cards

#467575 - 07/14/14 04:33 AM Re: Some songs I recorded [Re: dark empathy]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Your internet security is being loopy there don.there is no malware in the downloads, they're just streight mp3 files in zip folders. It's possibly reacting to something on the sendspace site sinse I have heard some antivirus programs don't like the system, but I've been using sendspace myself over several years and scanning my computer regularly with avg and several other programs and never had a problem.

I suggest disabling your security then downloading the files then turning it back on again.

#467578 - 07/14/14 08:40 AM Re: Some songs I recorded [Re: dark empathy]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: where the shadows lie
Don and others,
1.Make sure you unselect "use accelator and send my free offters" (edit, this seems to show up sometimes but not other times for me)
2. Make sure you click the actual download button instead of one of the ads. They can be very misleading on sendspace.

Dark, have you ever tried uploading to soundcloud? I've found that a much easier way to listen to things friends have recorded.

Glad you shared these. I really like your rendition of Music of the night. Your version is quite nuanced, dramatic without being bombastic. I quite enjoyed it. And if I may be so bold, I prefer your version of Master of the House to the recent cinematic version. You evoke a very distinct delightful scallywag in your performance. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Jacob S (07/14/14 08:51 AM)

#467589 - 07/14/14 12:31 PM Re: Some songs I recorded [Re: dark empathy]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Jacob.

I do know the adds can be problematic, this is actually where using a screen reader can help sinse you can look directly for that "click here to download" though sinse I am a sendspace member I just use their wizard program.

Unfortunately soundcloud isn't usable with ie8, and ie8 is the most uptodate browser usable on xp, which I'm sticking with until something actually better comes along (and no I don't count windows 7 or 8 with their silly interfaces and utterly broken program compatibility better just because they have bigger numbers).

Either way, glad you like. Music of the night is one of my favourite songs of all time and something I know extremely well, indeed I feel a lot of kinship with the Phantom as you might understand. I'm a bit disappointed with how I messed up the breathing in the recording sinse I didn't need to be so audible but I suppose it sort of worked.

master of the house I just enjoy because it's good fun! there's a wonderful comment about the character Quark in Deep space 9 who is very much that sort of slimy raskal where Armin Shimerman who played him said he had just so much energy and so much enjoyed of his life, and that's what I always think of with master of the house, sinse though he hates his customers (he calls them a zoo), he loves the fact that he can get so much money out of them and they're all too stupid to notice.

As I said, a very slimy character, but quite good fun!

This is why i enjoy character songs sinse I like throwing myself into the emotion of them, whether tha'ts being hoplessly in love, vane as a peacock or just an utter slime ball! laugh.

#467591 - 07/14/14 01:55 PM Re: Some songs I recorded [Re: dark empathy]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: where the shadows lie
Never thought of Quark in relation to that song, but that really works. I love DS9, by the way.

And I know what you mean about XP. I know a lot of people who waited as long as they could before so-called "upgrading."

#467594 - 07/14/14 04:06 PM Re: Some songs I recorded [Re: dark empathy]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Funnily enough I'm watching ds9 at the moment. I never really got it when it was on first time due to seeing it out of order, and though i bought the hole thing on dvd back in around 2008 I was in such a mess at that stage I barely remember much of the plot, so I'm watching it properly now and also looking up background info as I go hence the comment from the actor about Quark.

I'd not describe myself as a major startrek fan, I enjoy several of the series to watch, but I don't know how the enterprise laundry works or what year Picard first drank his cup of tea or similar laugh.

With Dr. who and tolkien however there, that is a different story, sinse I am sort of a major fan of both.

#467602 - 07/14/14 09:04 PM Re: Some songs I recorded [Re: dark empathy]
don64 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St. Croix, USVI
Hi DE,

Chrome didn't like sendspace, but got it up and running in Bing.

Thank you so much for sharing your work. I experience such wonderful energy in your voice, and particularly enjoyed the classical piece. I wish I could borrow a number of your high notes, and the ability to move from one voice to the other with such ease.

Such a gift.

Don
Divine Law is not judgment or denial of self truths. Divine Law is honoring harmony that comes from a peaceful mind, an open heart, a true tongue, a light step, a forgiving nature, and a love of all living creatures. Jamie Sams & David Carson, Medicine Cards

#467606 - 07/14/14 09:30 PM Re: Some songs I recorded [Re: dark empathy]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Don, glad you got it working (silly chrome), and glad you like.

being a tenor does have advantages, though my higher range is not where I want it to be, though this is something I'm working o be.

#467657 - 07/15/14 10:31 PM Re: Some songs I recorded [Re: dark empathy]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
the links did not work for me. do you have alternate download options?

War
Love
Poetry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.