Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
6 registered (PhoenixRising, Still, traveler, aniceguy, sugarbaby, woodenshoes), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447606 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#46757 - 06/29/03 12:06 AM Re: Starting over --Again
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
BT Mike Church again

You said:
Quote:

I think SA is like a chronic disease our perps infected us with
It may seem like a chronic disease BT but that implies that it never goes away or loses control of you. Well I am glad to tell you that the fact of your abuse will always be there but your feelings, beliefs, fears and emotions around it will change over time and with a lot of work on your part. We are on quite a hike here but it is worth all the scrapes along the way. Life is for living and not merely passing through it. And you have a great wife to help you along. Remember you are no longer alone. We are all hear for each other.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#46758 - 06/29/03 06:13 PM Re: Starting over --Again
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
BT
So much of what you write rings true for me, and many others here as well.

I started therapy about 4 or 5 years back and have got over most of my big hurdles, but intimacy is still something I have trouble with, although I find that now that telling my wife either at the time ( very hard ) or after ( a bit easier ) of any 'trouble' I have when we make love does go a long way to helping me.

And you've made a brave step by telling her you were abused, and I'd bet big money that was the scariest thing you've ever done.

You've told her about coming here as well, and that's great, she will know you're serious about getting better by going to therapy and doing your 'homework' here.
Perhaps she has some questions as well ? the Family & Friends forum is a good place for partners, although some guys do feel easier about coming here privately. But it's a thought.

Dave

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.