Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
4 registered (Jude, petercorbett, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63359 Topics
443044 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#466928 - 06/23/14 05:17 PM Re: 10 things you do not know about me [Re: VN]
I Want 2 Thrive Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida, U.S.A
1. Like tbkkfile my Grandfather was Canadian as well. He became an American during WWII serving as a general's Chef.

2. At 6 I began studying in my Grandfather's kitchen. Oui, Grand-père became Yes, Chef! (Kidding on that last part)

3. Met Jack Palance at the baggage carousel at JFK. He was trying to be inconspicuous off to the side. Was smart enough to nod in his direction and let him be. After he collected his belongings he walked by and said thanks son.

4. Became a radio DJ in Australia.

5. Sold televisions at a major retailer for one year. HATED EVERY MOMENT of it!

6. Was deployed to Homestead Air Force Base rode out hurricane Andrew.

7. Became an EMT (delivered 2 children on the way to the hospital). Loved the job but, burned out.

8. Deployed to Bosnia to repair a satellite terminal. Was encouraged to assist at a hospital/orphanage off duty. Helped care for children with massive disfigurements and/or burns. (That is where I burned out on being an EMT)

9. Helped raise my God-children. All 3 are my pride & joy!

10. Actor/Singer not professional.

-Izzy

#466947 - 06/24/14 01:57 PM Re: 10 things you do not know about me [Re: I Want 2 Thrive]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
This is a really entertaining thread. (not threat). I hope to add my own 10 shortly.

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (06/25/14 10:27 PM)

#466979 - 06/25/14 02:35 PM Re: 10 things you do not know about me [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
FINISHED

OK - Here I go with my ten:

1. I didn't want to be born. I was stubbornly sitting in "breach" position, and apparently pushing Mom's internal organs with my little feet. The urinary bladder or the rectum were most fun to step on (for me - this is supposed to be a bad joke). Then the doctor reached in with tools and pulled me out. I think I didn't want to be born because I had some intimation of what life was going to be for me.

2. My mother, after having a couple weeks to look me over, just like you'd return a purchase to Wal-Mart, she took me back to the doctor and gave the medical equivalent of wanting her money back. She later told me that the doctor told her I was a normal boy. She wasn't able to return me for a refund.

3. A few months later World War II started. But don't blame me! I had nothing to do with it. It drastically affected my childhood, even the abuse I experienced. It meant that my Mom and Dad and big sister would have to move to California where Dad would become part of the regular army and war effort.

4. I had a favorite push toy.
As I pushed it along, the marbles in it would dance and it would make the sound of a ringing bell. When they took me over to the military base, I was blithely pushing this along and the bell was ringing. Apparently the bell in it sounded a great deal like the intrusion alarm for the Army Air base. The soldiers ran out of their quanset huts with guns cocked looking for the intruder. There I was, all of 3 years old.

5. We lived on spectacular island. Lido Island. Now each property is valued multi-million dollars. Then it was newly developed and enemy submarines were cruising off-shore. Because of those reasons the price of real estate was low. It had white sand and beautiful climate.

6. Father was transferred to the Boston area because of new developments. I was 4 years old. There I went to Bellmont school where I was very shy and hid under the table as I played with a toy tank.

7. The family, less my Dad, ended up in Colorado after a few months. One of my favorite "things" was the dog Micky. Micky would chase his tail (what there was of it), much to our delight. I would squeal with delight as he chased that little nub of a tail.

8. The family lived in Denver for about 5 years.
I worked on school. I couldn't judge distance so I was not a good ball player. My favorite thing was going to the Denver mountain area.

9. We lived in Virginia for 5 years. There I encountered some rough trials. Still there were many fun things to do.

10. I got married when I was about 30. I had the most lovely wife, Karen, who helped me so much in every way. We were married for 37 years. She died of an incurable nerve disease.

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (06/27/14 11:21 AM)

#466985 - 06/25/14 04:20 PM Re: 10 things you do not know about me [Re: VN]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

1) I hate cheese. I even hate food with cheese in the name, like cream cheese, cottage cheese and cheesecake.

2) I've had four cats - two are still with me, and the other two lived into their twenties.

3) I once had to answer to an out-of-state traffic ticket and in trying to find the magistrate court I somehow unintentionally ended up walking down a corridor of cells inside the correctional facility. I was lucky that a guard saw me, screamed "Stop!" and pulled me out of there. I was grilled about it but when I pointed to the metal door I opened to walk in, they let me go. I never pursued it further, but suspect there was a heavy review of security after that. Sort of a typical wake I tend to leave behind me (Chaos, confusion and disorder? My job here is done.)

4) I have always looked younger than my age - enough to be embarrassing, sometimes - as weird as that sounds. I don't fully understand why, but have come to realize that I seem to be missing the anger gene. My guess is that anger ages a person, while laughter is more effective than any skin cream on the market today.

5) My father died unexpectedly on an operating table, my best friend committed suicide with hoarded prescription pain medications, and my 22 year old cat died in my lap. I cried just as hard for each one of them.

6) I was madly in love with my high school girlfriend, but my issues with abuse and sexual identity kept it from becoming more than it was. I reconnected with her recently after over twenty years and had two big surprises: (1) Like me, she is gay, and (2) I discovered the love never stopped. It didn't even diminish a little...

7) After anyone close to me has died, I always have a vivid dream of them visiting me within just a few days of their death. In each dream, we both know they are dead, but they are allowed a last visit to say goodbye, as if death was a mere technicality. I even had one last cuddle with my cat.

8) I once screamed so loud it snowed. The sky just suddenly unleashed a blizzard during my one and only weekend therapy retreat - as if it shared my catharsis. We were in a big room with huge windows, and everyone - including me - were stunned into silence.

9) I have discovered that if you can come close to forgiving someone, you can pretend the rest. The karma catches up later to fill in the spaces.

10) I recently took a stupid Facebook quiz to discover my "real" age, and while my friends and family never got below 31, I was 14. So maybe I am stuck after all...

11) I have a streak of undying mischievousness and often break rules, such as listing eleven items when asked for only ten.

Click my pic to see why I'm here

#466987 - 06/25/14 05:04 PM Re: 10 things you do not know about me [Re: Chase Eric]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Originally Posted By: Chase Eric
9) I have discovered that if you can come close to forgiving someone, you can pretend the rest. The karma catches up later to fill in the spaces.

11) I have a streak of undying mischievousness and often break rules, such as listing eleven items when asked for only ten.

i especially love these two!
it is a pleasure to get to know you better, Eirik.
LEE
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#466988 - 06/25/14 06:12 PM Re: 10 things you do not know about me [Re: Sven]
Bluedogone Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast US
My Ten:

1. I know who Burt Reynolds, Perry Como and Tammy Wynette are. I also know Jupiter is a planet. But when I recited the names of the planets in school I was sent to the principal's office because I caused all the other students to laugh and I broke up laughing hysterically when I got to Uranus.

2. I had to take the CPA exam 5 times before I finally passed and was certified.

3. My grandfather, father, me, and my two sons all have the first name - Charles. Original thinkers smile

4. When I was in the Army I "faked" a heat stroke to try to leave a training exercise, and spent 8 days in an Army hospital recovering from my pretend fainting spell.

5. My first wife threw a pitcher of water on me during an argument. (Very Short marriage)

6. I cried at my wedding.

7. My now wife of 37 years and I stay away from most bodies of water.

8. I won $17,000 in a writing contest, which couldn't have happened at a more opportune time, right after an unexpected hospital bill.

9. I tried on the shoes, after meeting Senator Herman Talmadge (when he was then Governor of GA)

10. Since having a stroke, I'm confined to a wheelchair, and my greatest accomplishment since then has been to pee standing up.

#467013 - 06/26/14 10:55 AM Re: 10 things you do not know about me [Re: traveler]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: traveler
i especially love these two!
it is a pleasure to get to know you better, Eirik.
LEE

Thanks, Lee smile

Click my pic to see why I'm here

#467014 - 06/26/14 11:13 AM Re: 10 things you do not know about me [Re: VN]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
If I posted those 10 things then you would know what they are.

my story

my vlog

#467173 - 07/02/14 09:59 PM Re: 10 things you do not know about me [Re: Obi]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
1. I am trained in basic First Aid and CPR.

2. I was the only one in my high school in 1983 to make all-state choir.

3. I never worked out in a gym before 2014, and have been at it since January.

4. I despise yard work (but do it when it's needed).

5. My record drive on a trip is over 4,600 miles/7,400 kilometers.

6. I have never ridden a rollercoaster.

7. I am okay with never having ridden a rollercoaster.

8. I would rather give an impromptu speech with a 15-minute notice, to a 500-person crowd, than ride on a rollercoaster.

9. Blueberries are my favorite.

10. I danced at a Christmas party with Denise Nickerson (Violet in Willy Wonka) a few years back.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.