Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
5 registered (tbkkfile, Obi, 3 invisible), 38 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63644 Topics
444488 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#467134 - 07/01/14 05:42 PM "Those are your hangups"
ShortedDiode Offline

Loc: Hamilton, ON Canada
That's what my BF/partner said to me when I was halfway through cooking lunch. This was with respect to something to do with the pride parade on the weekend. I may be gay, but I don't wear it on my shirtsleeves and yes, it's awkward for me at times, and yes, I do have hangups. But what was said hurt very deeply. I'm sad and want to be left alone now.

#467148 - 07/02/14 05:26 AM Re: "Those are your hangups" [Re: ShortedDiode]
teba Offline

I'm sorry your boyfriend said that to you. You don't have any hangups. You should really talk to him (in the most civilized way possible) and tell him that he was wrong about you and that what he said hurt you. Be honest. Just tell him you were hurt.

I hope you get to feel better.

Take care and good luck.

*HUGS*.

#467160 - 07/02/14 02:31 PM Re: "Those are your hangups" [Re: ShortedDiode]
ShortedDiode Offline

Loc: Hamilton, ON Canada
I'm probably going to speak with him later today. I forgot to mention that he is one of only two people who know my full story so the betrayal of that trust to go and use it against me like that is what hurts the most right now.

#467161 - 07/02/14 03:37 PM Re: "Those are your hangups" [Re: ShortedDiode]
bey Offline

Loc: canada
SD,
I'm really sorry that what he said hurt you. I know it hurts when people we care about, especially people we trust and are vulnerable around, turn around and say something that hurts so deeply. Its hard to trust and to let down our guard, and then to feel judged or attacked or whatever else makes me feel like retreating back into bed and not coming back out. ever.
hopefully you can talk to him about it. and go easy on yourself. we all have hangups about one thing or another, and we all have different ways of seeing things. however you are, whoever you are, its good and its enough.
ben

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.