Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
1 registered (lapchinj), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63584 Topics
444221 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#466789 - 06/19/14 12:50 PM Re: I Just Blew Up... [Re: tbkkfile]
sentry Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Canada
Hey Husky. I don't want to come across like I have the right answer in your situation with your parents. I was triggered immensely and was instantly back in my bedroom with my foster mother screaming at me in the doorway. I had failed to get up to start her car for her and I woke up to her screaming at me. When I stood up she fired her keys at me hitting me in the head. I picked them up and was going to throw them back at her. The anger inside me was frightening. I really felt at the time I could have killed her. It was not over the incident at the time but built up after years of violence and abuse she perpetrated on me and my sister. I walked up to her and grabbed her wrists and backed her out and across the hall and into the closet and shut the door. I am so grateful I did not go any further, but the anger that had built up in me after years of her hate and cruelty was right there at the surface. I can feel it now talking about it.
May I suggest to you Husky as a fellow survivor that you get yourself some support now. This is too big for you my friend. You need outside professional support to intervene in the situation on your behalf.
Please forgive me If I have gone to far but I have been there and it registered so clearly with me. I stayed away from my foster mother as much as I could after that incident. It was the first time I defended myself and stood up for myself and quite frankly it scared the shit out of me.
Take Care of yourself Husky. It is time for you to put your safety first.
Sentry.

#466793 - 06/19/14 02:40 PM Re: I Just Blew Up... [Re: concerned_husky]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thank you so much for the support guys...

I really don't know what to say. I'm still in a state of shock and I'm numbing myself as much as possible. I don't know what I would've done if I didn't have MS. It's scary to think of the possibilities.

I really hate coming across as panicky, but jeez, it's been a rough day. I hit the bottle and I'm trying very hard to forget what happened (thankfully it doesn't take much to get me drunk) - I'm going to try and sleep it off and maybe process more tomorrow.

And Sentry - thank you so much for sharing that painful incident with your foster mother. I'm really, really, really sorry this triggered you (I added a trigger warning after I read your post), but so much of what you wrote allowed me to understand what is and was going on.

Again, I really appreciate all of your help, everyone...I wish I had more to say. Hopefully I will tomorrow...

Edited by concerned_husky (06/19/14 02:46 PM)

#466794 - 06/19/14 03:04 PM Re: I Just Blew Up... [Re: concerned_husky]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Husky -

i don't want to come across as nagging - because i know that you have heard this before - but - this just really underscores the importance of you getting the hell out of there as soon as you possibly can. whatever you can do to make that happen, it should be your number one priority, IMHO!

be careful and take care of yourself,
LEE
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#466816 - 06/20/14 12:34 AM Re: I Just Blew Up... [Re: concerned_husky]
Bluedogone Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast US
((((((Husky))))))

It's been a few hours since the "blow up" and I hope things have settled down a bit and you feel more in control of how you're coping. I know in my own situation getting away from parents was like a whole new life of freedom. Obviously, I don't know your personal situation, but sometimes family relationships are just too toxic to try to deal with. Parents can cause such pain and heart ache. I wish I had some great advice to offer, but I don't, I can only say my thoughts are with you in this difficult, difficult situation.

CJ

#466821 - 06/20/14 07:31 AM Re: I Just Blew Up... [Re: concerned_husky]
Sven Offline

How are you doing Husky?
Into souls on the tree of pain
From the firefly a red orange glow
See the face of fear
Running scared in the valley below
~ Bullet The Blue Sky - U2

#466822 - 06/20/14 08:19 AM Re: I Just Blew Up... [Re: concerned_husky]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks for the support guys...

Lee - if all goes according to plan, I should be out of here within two weeks. I just have to lay low and act the part for a bit longer. You're right - it sure was a (scary) wake-up call.

CJ - I'm sorry you had to deal with a toxic family too. That really is the word, toxic.

Sven - I'm doing alright. I'm still in limbo-world but I think I'll manage, at least for the two weeks I need to.

It really is toxic, though. This...impossible, unspoken demand to be "cheerful" at any cost is slowly testing my sanity. On the way back home last night, my dad basically took an emotional shit on me, saying stuff like "oh well it doesn't seem that you have any reason to be so frustrated you have to make a mess in your room spilling chips everywhere" and "you have to tell us what makes you stressed, even though I know you think there's no point in telling us"...and then this morning my grandmother dragged me to have breakfast with her and my mother and she said something like "let's all get along and eat together!"...and then before I went out today I had to interact with my mom and she said something like "isn't it nice, parents and children...we all have some fights every now and then"...it's like HELLO I FUCKING CHOKED YOU YESTERDAY DON'T YOU THINK THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG?!

Ugh. Sorry. It's hard to put a plug in it once I get started. Just two weeks though. 14 days. 365 days a year, and I dealt with them for over 20 years, that would be more than 7,000 days endured...14 isn't much.

#466823 - 06/20/14 08:44 AM Re: I Just Blew Up... [Re: concerned_husky]
tbkkfile Offline

Loc: Surrey, United Kingdom
Hi Husky, I'm so glad that you've taken a positive step forward, it's the first stage in reaching a better place and we're with you all the way, you don't have to do this on your own.

#466824 - 06/20/14 09:01 AM Re: I Just Blew Up... [Re: concerned_husky]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Husky - two weeks - that is good to hear. you can do that. you will do so much better once you are in a less sick and toxic atmosphere. hold on and be cool - a better time and place is within reach.
lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#466840 - 06/20/14 06:40 PM Re: I Just Blew Up... [Re: concerned_husky]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
You've got a worldwide group standing with you here through the hard times, Husky.

Keep reminding yourself that this is not a permanent situation.

#466903 - 06/22/14 09:54 PM Re: I Just Blew Up... [Re: concerned_husky]
focusedbody Offline

Loc: NY
Husky:

Do you think you could share your plan for leaving? I think it would be good to go over it with supporters and survivors here.

FB

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.