Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, Doubter, 1 invisible), 10 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63578 Topics
444191 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#466812 - 06/19/14 11:09 PM Hi all
Rosemarysbaby Offline

Loc: Alberta
I was given this website as an adjunct in between sessions to possibly learn and maybe contribute. I'm not sure if I'm ready to share anything as of yet, but I will share any break throughs that happen along the way.

#466815 - 06/20/14 12:00 AM Re: Hi all [Re: Rosemarysbaby]
Bluedogone Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast US
Hi and welcome to MS,

I hope you find, as I have, there is much to be offered here, and hope you receive exactly what you need. One of the great things I've found is that you can share as little or as much as you feel comfortable doing, and regardless, you will be encouraged and supported in that decision. I look forward to hearing of your successes in healing and recovery.

CJ

#466845 - 06/20/14 09:40 PM Re: Hi all [Re: Rosemarysbaby]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Welcome RB,

No preasure to share until/unless you are ready. Just saying hello is a great start. In the meantime, you may learn some things about yourself from reading posts from other guys. We are all different, but we have this one terrible experience in common.

Be well,

Jude
But I won't back down.
Tom Petty

#466874 - 06/21/14 04:48 PM Re: Hi all [Re: Rosemarysbaby]
Adam A Gedman Offline

Loc: Canada
Hello rosemarysbaby,

I am sorry for your reason to be here, but glad for you to have found and joined us here at MS.

A little over a year ago, my therapist suggested a group setting, as an addition to my individual counseling sessions.
I quickly put an end to that suggestion, I was just not ready for that.
But since then, I found and joined MS, I have recently attended a mini WoR in Toronto, and I feel a little more human.

I liken recovery from CSA to a marathon, even if I would prefer it to be a sprint.
So I would offer this....

Take your time, read and learn as much as you can from others here as well as from books on the subject.

When you are ready, speak your truth.
The MS community will be there to support you in whatever way we can, because we get it.

Welcome, take care and keep well.

Formerly Adam A Gedman (AKA - A damAGed man)

But you can call me Kevin

Toronto Mini WoR - May 2014

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.