Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
2 registered (susie, 1 invisible), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64188 Topics
447911 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#466606 - 06/14/14 09:51 AM Well, well.....someone used his abuse against him.
sugarbaby Offline

It's been kind of a sh*t week that just keeps getting worse.

To summarize - a drug addicted relative (who we didn't know knew about H's abuse) tried to guilt H's parents (and others) into giving them money by saying H made some crude remarks.

Well, well......being out can bite you sometimes.

The end story is that everyone thinks the addict is scum for doing that and H never wants to see that person's face again.

No damage done really - it was surprising though.

I never thought his family would do that. If anything I thought any repercussions would come from someone less attached. But......addicts are pretty detached so.....there ya have it.

There is a joke about addicts:

Q: "How do you know an addict is lying?"
A: "Their lips are moving."

That is more reality than joke.

I have to add though.....don't fret about this if your contemplating disclosing your abuse. The one thing I can say about it is - H learned who wasn't worth having in his life and who was. There is nothing wrong with having that knowledge.

Edited by sugarbaby (06/14/14 10:04 AM)

#466608 - 06/14/14 10:15 AM Re: Well, well.....someone used his abuse against him. [Re: sugarbaby]
weharry1959 Offline

Loc: N/W Pennsylvania, USA
amen!

#467342 - 07/07/14 12:30 PM Re: Well, well.....someone used his abuse against him. [Re: sugarbaby]
sugarbaby Offline

Honestly, it all blew over very quickly. The addict is still an addict and has gone off on their merry way and H has seen no ill consequences.

I guess stupidity will always be in our lives but not necessarily as the ruling party. smile

I have to edit this and repeat what I said before. My $.02 if it's worth even that much. smile

DO NOT fret about this if your contemplating disclosure.

Disclosure is about YOU. It's not about what other people THINK - mainly because other people think very little!

YOU are important in that equation not THEM.

Disclosure may be a bumpy angry road. People may not accept it, people may be mad you lied about things, people may disclose back to you. Being open and vulnerable about who we actually are is emotionally risky. That is true even if it's not CSA related.

Edited by sugarbaby (07/07/14 12:48 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.