Hello,

I've experience a lot of good progress, especially in the past year or so. I found that when I first started recovering, all the changes took place inside of me, and they were huge shifts in perception and attitude, but people didn't notice much. After a few years of therapy I've noticed that people are now reflecting back to me my progress and changes. I notice feeling more at ease and not so disturbed in day to day interaction like I use to be. There are a lot of small things I've noticed in myself that feel really good and tell me I am growing, healing and there are good changes going on. But what I'm noticing is that they are not huge leaps and bounds like they were in the beginning when I first started dealing with my PTS, but rather they are a lot of little signs that add up to a lot.

In addition to this message, I would also like to take a moment to plug two incredibly valuable tools that's help me a great deal.

The first is that I listen to Belleruth Naparstek's Post-Traumatic Stress (PTS) Guided Imagery & Affirmations mp3's I found on the www.healthjourneys.com website. I've listened to this tape over and over, and it still amazes me how much I still get out of it. It is so simple, but so incredibly rich in content.

(Belleruth: if you are ever visiting this site and see this message, God bless you, and thank you for this tremendous resource you created.)

The second thing is that I collect positive statements, messages or passages I read, hear or come across and write them down in a little journal book. If I read something very helpful in a recovery book, I'll add that too. I also add things my therapist would like me to remember or think about. I call this "My Parachute", so when I'm having a very bad day and feeling like I am in a plane about to go down, this is like a parachute that makes sure I land safe and sound. I also like to color in it or add artistic flourishes to personalize it and reflect how special it is.

thanks for reading
gs