Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
3 registered (sentry, 2 invisible), 27 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63188 Topics
441841 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#219490 - 04/21/08 12:19 PM Re: 10 things you do not know about me [Re: king tut]
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
I love stuff like this. It is always fun to learn more about other folk here.

1. It could be said that I "know" four languages. It could stretching the truth quite a bit, but I do indeed know at least a few words in four. Don't speak any of them well except my own.

2. I've been told by quite a few people that I am rather OCD. I don't think that's really true, although actually, to be alphabetically proper, it should be CDO. And I don't find anything at all unusual about blow drying my toothbrush so it doesn't drip on the sink.

3. I have DID. I guess this is something that people who know me know about. So far as I know, there's a 4 year old me, a 6 year old me, a 13 year old one, and two others that I don't know their age. Oh yeh, and the jackass me. Otherwise known as myself.

4. I have a secret talent for singing badly in public, to the point it makes OTHER people uncomfortable. No reason for me to be embarassed though. I'm better then Britney spears. And I always wear underwear.

5. My best friends as a young child were the frogs that lived under the front of our apartment. I built furniture for them and imagined them having a wonderfully exciting life. Sometime I still miss sitting in the dirt and playing with frogs.

6. I hate chocolate, corn, and any kind of green slimy vegetable (except avocados); I love McDonald's Filet O'Fake fish, real sushi, and strawberries, which I am very allergic to and have to take Benadryl when I eat them.

7. Thunderstorms still kind of ick me out some. And even though I finally learned how to swim, I don't like it or being in deep water really (deep meaning more than 4 inches)

8. I generally always believe that whatever girl I happen to be dating at the time is much to good for me. And I think I'm basically right about that.

9. It's a totally un-pc way to think, but I totally think that there are some things that all women will do better then all men and some things that all men will do better then all women in the world.

10. I still have general fear of anyone in a parental role to me, especially as a mother.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#403480 - 07/13/12 07:56 AM Re: 10 things you do not know about me [Re: VN]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
This is so nice thread smile :

1. I've been very fast in running on short distances, even I'm 36 I'm still much faster of some younger high school guys smile

2. Yes I'll admit it (and I saw that other guys do it also) - I eat sometimes all apples/pears, it is not always but sometimes I need to eat all seeds from inside one by one smile

3. I'm always trying to be connected to my environment by sound, that means if I'm listen music from mp3 I can't listen it too loud because I'll cut myself from surroundings, if I'm in too noisy environment I have to leave it as soon as possible, in my sleep I can sometimes hear everything from outside.

4. I like almost all weather conditions equally except wind. Actually sometimes I have troubles if I'm trying to get some sleep and hearing wind from outside...

5. I like to play tennis a lot and here is one secret. If someone is holding me talks or I've been caught in some situation that is not so easy to bear (like terrible meting or annoying presentation) I'll be playing some tennis match and watching some incredible points in my mind, by doing so I can handle the most boring presentations without getting sleepy smile

6. Couple of times I fall in love to my girl-friends, I admitted always and even one time feelings were mutual we didn't have relationship, steel very good friend with couple of them wink

7. If I'm in right mood I can dance all night long without stopping - some people think that I'm using some chemicals because of that;

8. Many my friends are doing some mambo-jumbo (reiki, new age stuff etc.), I'm magnet for such people.

9. I like plants, some of them I consider like my pets, they are my precious ones wink

10. I'm not so found of meat, if there is huge piece of meat at my plate I wont be able to eat all smile

Pero

#466318 - 06/06/14 11:40 PM Re: 10 things you do not know about me [Re: VN]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
A classic…
Here's mine:

1) I have never seen a snowmobile in person.

2) I have for one reason or another been able to meet and shake hands with three presidents while they were in office---Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton, and George W Bush.

3) Anytime I hear that song "Cary on My Wayward Son" by Kansas, I shout "Icarus" at the radio when the line "…I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high…" comes up.

4) I saw the Aurora Borealis when I was in high school---while paddling the Suwannee River to the Gulf of Mexico of all places---during the great solar flare of March 1989. We hadn't been off the river in five days and had no idea a solar flare caused the aurora to be seen this far south. We certainly didn't think of that when we sat in silence on a sandbar watching the sky undulate with light.

5) I love heights, but I'm terrified of centipedes.

6) I have a near-photographic memory and an aural memory---time and place are stamped with music to the month/week/year.

7) I'm very sentimental about the passage of time and the loss of innocence; "Puff the Magic Dragon" and "Toy Story" will always make me cry.

8) I hiked the entire Appalachian Trail when I was 18 "just because."

9) A visit to Easter Island is on my bucket list. In fact I'd really like to visit many Pacific islands--including those my grandfather "visited" in World War II when he rebuilt bombed out airfields as a combat engineer.

10) I razor-shaved my head in high school for the state swimming finals; I still shave it once a year-family, friends, and co-workers have come to expect it.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#466322 - 06/07/14 04:10 AM Re: 10 things you do not know about me [Re: VN]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Okay, I'm pretty bored so I'll put myself out there. Besides, what do most of you know about me? Not much. Here Goes.

1) I have a singing voice similar to Harry Connick Jr., though I've never sung professionally, nor do I bear the slightest resemblance to Harry.

2) I always looked younger than my age. When I was 21 I was teaching high school biology, and the other teachers would stop me in the hall and ask to see my pass. Now I am 57 and I look......57.

3) I have been married to the same woman for nearly 35 years. Most of those years I was a miserable drunk prick. She gets mad at me if I ask her why she stuck with me. Its one of those "If you don't know, I'm not going to tell you" deals.

4) I have ten (10) children, 4 biological, six adopted. Aged thirteen to 31. My therapist says that I am trying to save my own inner child by saving other children. So what's wrong with that?

5) I have been a research biologist, a teacher, a plumber, a salesman, a television ad writer/producer/salesman, and for the last 6 years, a nurse. A male nurse. I still pee standing up.

6) I was 7 years old when I attended the 1964 New York World's Fair. The highlight I remember was seeing a transistor radio that could fit in the palm of your hand!

7) One of my kids used to take Ritalin. Once before I went to the pharmacy to fill a new prescription for it, I noticed that the doctor had put the wrong date on it, so I corrected the date and handed it to the pharmacist. Next thing I know, I am being arrested for prescription drug fraud, a felony, for changing the date. I paid a fine and got the charges dismissed.

8) I was born to non-religious jewish parents. I grew up an agnostic, as a young man I embraced Judaism, and then became a born-again Christian. Now I subscribe to a simple spirituality that is about honesty, humility, and compassion before God.

9) I have never flown in a heliocopter.

10) When I was in college my parents moved to Jupiter, Florida. They had sold their house in N.Y. and lived well on the profit for about 1 year. Their neighbors included Burt Reynolds, Perry Como, and Tammy Wynette. The Kennedy's place was just a couple of miles up the road. I visited them once during winter break and tried to make time with one of Tammy Wynette's daughters on the beach. Never got to first base. Never even made it into the ball park.
....it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all. "
Joni Mitchell

#466345 - 06/07/14 08:17 PM Re: 10 things you do not know about me [Re: VN]
Sven Offline

1. I don't sing. I managed to get trough music class at school without singing once the entire 6 years
2. I look older then I am, most guess about 2 years older
3. I have never met any presidents or prime ministers
4. I consider my written and reading English to be good, but I suck at talking. Also find out my English isn't as good as I like to think when I have to watch something in English without subtitles.
5. I used to think a peanutbutter and jelly sandwich were two sandwiches. One with peanutbutter and one with jelly
6. I've never owned a casettedesk. Or cassette's. Or a discman or walkman
7. I've never been arrested for fraud (well i never did do fraud i suppose that may be why). Ive never been arrested for shoplifting either (wich i have done)
8. I still often have to look what is celebrated on days like Pentecost ( I hope i googled the right translation)
9. I've never ride on an elephant
10. I thought Jupiter was only a planet. I dont know who burt reynolds, perry como and tammy wynette are
Into souls on the tree of pain
From the firefly a red orange glow
See the face of fear
Running scared in the valley below
~ Bullet The Blue Sky - U2

#466347 - 06/07/14 09:23 PM Re: 10 things you do not know about me [Re: Sven]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: Sven
I thought Jupiter was only a planet. I dont know who burt reynolds, perry como and tammy wynette are

Sven, You are awesome!

Jude
....it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all. "
Joni Mitchell

#466349 - 06/07/14 10:16 PM Re: 10 things you do not know about me [Re: VN]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
OK - here's mine:

1. I have lived in 6 countries, visited more than 30, and had more than 30 addresses.

2. i sold my first paintings at age 12, won numerous art awards, and had a fiction story printed in a large city newspaper at age 16.

3. i was stalked by a UFO for over a hundred miles while driving through E Colorado at night.

4. i worked for a theatre touring company for 7 years, acting, designing costumes and designing/painting sets.

5. i worked as a stripper for a while*

6. my ancestors used to own 3 castles in Scotland.

7. i have 2 ancestors who were presidents of the US and two who signed the Declaration of Independence.

8. i have seen in person: John Paul II, Pres Bill Clinton, Katherine Hepburn, Fred MacMurray, Yul Brynner, Chaim Potok, Sugar Ray Robinson, Ray Bradbury, and a bunch of rock stars.

9. I was in a Jim Jones-type cult for 7 years.

10. i have contributed to the publication of hundreds of book titles in many languages, many of them obscure, minority languages, by layout, design, illustration or supervising typesetting, production and printing/binding.

* (stripping negatives to burn printing plates.)

I worked in another job that i still can't talk about or i would be in big trouble.

LEE
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#466353 - 06/07/14 11:32 PM Re: 10 things you do not know about me [Re: VN]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Oh yeah,

#11 ---I got drunk with Kurt Vonnegut when I was in college. So it goes

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#466516 - 06/11/14 11:12 PM Re: 10 things you do not know about me [Re: VN]
pattom Offline

Loc: Southern Midwesternish
here's my stuff...

1. i was born two weeks after JFK was assassinated. when people ask what i was doing when kennedy was shot, i say rolling around in my mothers uterus plotting my escape.

2. i live in KY. the state not the jelly.

3. i have been married for almost 29 years. my wife is the only girlfriend i have ever had.

4, when i was in college i posed nude for an artist friend. posing for him was extremely liberating. the painting turned out well too. i almost signed up to model for art classes, but i checkened out at the last minute. i regret that now.

5. i am funny as hell. but its just a mask i wear so i dont have to show who i really am.

6. i cut half of my thumb off with an office paper cutter a few years ago. it was successfully reattached. its still numb though.

7. i am a proficient rollerblader... put rollerskates on me and i will fall on my ass every time.

8. i am an excellent bowler. i have two balls. they have their own special bag. i really know how to use them.

9. i have celiac disease. that means i am unable to process gluten. it has been years since i have had wheat breads, bagels, real pizza, real beer, pretzels, cookies, cake, donuts, regular pasta, etc., etc., etc.

10. i didnt learn how to swim until i was 27. i had to, my toddler daughter was unafraid of the water, so i had to be too. i took an adult swim class with several middle age women whose attention kept shifting from extreme fear of the water to openly ogling me like i was fresh meat on the deli counter. sadly no one ogles me anymore.

patrick

#466911 - 06/23/14 04:59 AM Re: 10 things you do not know about me [Re: VN]
tbkkfile Offline

Loc: Surrey, United Kingdom
I'm sitting here wondering if I can make it to 10

1. My Grandfather was Canadian and joined the Ontario rifles CEF in 1914, was wounded four times in WW1 he was a big man and as a kid he was the only person to be able to lift me up with one hand (not sure why I've included this little known fact).

2. I held the door open for Ella Fitzgerald while working on the lights at a jazz festival.

3. When I left school I trained as what we call over here a gamekeeper, I just love sitting in the woods as it makes me feel safe.

4. I have 3 amazing kids and 6 incredible grandchildren

5. I have a wonderful wife who puts up with me, she's my soul mate

6. I took a job in the construction industry 25 years ago as we needed the money, too late to get out of it now sadly.

7. I was a professional musician for 5 years in the early 80's and then self destructed

8. I love cooking and do the meals over the weekend.

9. I failed all of my exams at school

10. I went back to college as a mature student and passed all of my exams

Wow I made it to 10....

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.