Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
7 registered (Obi, bluesky, lapchinj, men_of_hrts.dbw, Cthulhu, 2 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12487 Members
74 Forums
64151 Topics
447621 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#466194 - 06/04/14 05:28 PM NYC area group
Chris Anderson Offline
Executive Director
MaleSurvivor
Loc: New York
Posting on behalf of Louise

Quote:
I now have two openings in my on-going Male Survivor Group. This group has been meeting for over a year. It is designed for men who have experienced sexual abuse as a child or adolescent and are either currently in individual therapy or have had at least two years of therapy focusing on childhood abuse. Members explore ways in which survival skills developed as children are creating hindrances in accomplishing adult goals, particularly in the area of career, intimacy and sexuality. The group is interactive and the emphasis is on relationships within the group which mirror relationship problems experienced by members in their professional and/or personal lives.

I would be happy to discuss the group in more detail if you know of someone who you think would be appropriate.

Louise Kindley, LCSW

347-255-1278

#472323 - 11/08/14 09:15 PM Re: NYC area group [Re: Chris Anderson]
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
is there still room available in this group?

Does Anyone know of any support Groups in the NYC area for adult male CSA?

I have searched and searched on the web but found very little.
you'd think there would be lots of recourses of this kind in NYC or surrounding area!?! But, I cant find much of anything and my T thinks this would be very helpful for me.
Not just to discuss the past, but to discuss events in the present like dating and career stuff and stuff like that.

Please! If anyone can help, It would be greatly appreciated!!!

Sincerely,
Logan
P.S.
I know i have not been here in a long time, but I could really use some help.
-Blade Runner

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.