Newest Members
OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843
12365 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
gryffindor (67), KevinSweeney (57), latinflavor815 (52), latin_flavor_815 (52), RTMark (33), sabooka (35), southpaw10 (46)
Who's Online
5 registered (bluesky, SJC, YYZGIRL, takingitslow, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12365 Members
74 Forums
63552 Topics
444012 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#465887 - 05/28/14 01:14 AM Hoping to find a sense of understanding
healingsoul Offline

Hello,

I want to thank the individuals involved in the establishment and maintenance of this site. I am grateful for this forum and the men who make up this community.

Over time, my aim is to learn strategies for cultivating honest and healthy expressions of trust and hope into my life and relationships from fellow survivors of sexual assault and misconduct.

Thank you for reading.

Edited by healingsoul (05/28/14 01:16 AM)

#465890 - 05/28/14 04:17 AM Re: Hoping to find a sense of understanding [Re: healingsoul]
newground Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: michigan
hi healingsoul
your wish echos so many of the others and myself. when I first came to the MS site two years ago, I was blown away with the fact that I was not alone.I learned that so much of what was true in my life was common among survivors, that I was probably not losing my mind but only experiencing things in a way common to survivors. I found help and compassion from an amazing group of guys and continue to find that today.I am so glad you have chosen to be a part and hope that you will find what you are looking for as I am sure you will
Jeff
Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
Herman Melville

#465893 - 05/28/14 06:17 AM Re: Hoping to find a sense of understanding [Re: healingsoul]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Welcome HS,

May all of your aims become reality!

Jude
But I won't back down.
Tom Petty

#465904 - 05/28/14 12:17 PM Re: Hoping to find a sense of understanding [Re: healingsoul]
Adam A Gedman Offline

Loc: Canada
Hello healingsoul,

I am sorry for your reason to be here, yet glad for you to have found and joined the MS forums.

What you will find here, is empathy.
Those who have lived the trauma can empathize with you.
This is a good lesson, in expressing empathy for others we may also find it for ourselves.

Whatever the reason, it was not our fault, you are not to blame, we believe and support you on your journey.

Take your time, and when your ready speak your truth. The community will be here to support you.

Take care and keep well.

Formerly Adam A Gedman (AKA - A damAGed man)

But you can call me Kevin

Toronto Mini WoR - May 2014

#466319 - 06/07/14 04:00 AM Re: Hoping to find a sense of understanding [Re: Jude]
healingsoul Offline

Thanks for replying and also for your welcome.

#466320 - 06/07/14 04:03 AM Re: Hoping to find a sense of understanding [Re: healingsoul]
healingsoul Offline

Thanks for your reply. I am still wading through my sense of self - emotionally and sexually, but I feel this site will help me learn greater techniques to manage my feelings of trauma and regain a sense of manhood.

#466321 - 06/07/14 04:06 AM Re: Hoping to find a sense of understanding [Re: healingsoul]
healingsoul Offline

Thank you, Jude. I hope so. I really want to begin to learn to live a whole, full, rich life.

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.