Newest Members
Francis Xavier, JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish
12438 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dannyboy22 (31), ScorpioBlue (45), Wife - Survivor (70)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12438 Members
74 Forums
63857 Topics
445882 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#465855 - 05/27/14 10:55 AM Elliot Rodger
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
I have to ask - is anyone reading/absorbing the writings and videos of this mass murderer? I am struck at some of the things he says about himself and the life he lived. And how perverted it is from my vantage point because he clearly had money, lived in a nice area, and was a decent looking guy. One report I read said there was talk of undiagnosed asperger's syndrome.

He was so tormented on the inside because of perceived and real social prejudices, being judged from within and from without.

Anyone else reflecting on this?

#465860 - 05/27/14 11:28 AM Re: Elliot Rodger [Re: Magellan]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Here's something a facebook friend posted just now (my friend says he's on the autism spectrum):

"Stop making him a victim... He's not a victim... the girls he killed were victims... he's a murderer. Treat him as such... his manifesto is fucking creepy as all hell... we can read it and understand what was going through his head sure... he wasn't inane... but he was insane enough to kill people with racist, sexist, and all the fucked up ideas that float in society like "women should say yes to men just because he's a 'nice guy'", "White people are more attractive and therefore more dateable", among other fucked up ignorant thinking that permeates our society. The only thing that's "sick" is society not facing and addressing the problems of racism, sexism, and other such fucked up thinking in society. His autism does not justify killing people, and had no causal relationship with his being a murderer."

I think he nails what I'm thinking. That most mental illness is born out of larger societal dysfunctions that we collectively still struggle to vanquish: sexism, racism, misogyny, etc. People turn evil because of these things. Societal dysfunctions turn into powerful internal demons when that hatred is turned inwards.

Edited by Magellan (05/27/14 02:22 PM)

#465897 - 05/28/14 07:26 AM Re: Elliot Rodger [Re: Magellan]
OCN Offline

Loc: Western Europe
I won't start reading this manifest and stuff, because i know before i start that it wont cheer me up nor give me explainations.
Have missed out on the story of Elliot Rodgers, but i guess in a way we're all victims of what happens around us in society. The last sentence of the post by the facebook friend is spot on!

The trick is that ultimately you can't blame others for what you do. It is sad that someone sees no other option but to create havoc and chaos. Not sure what to think of all this Magellan.. my advice would be to stay away from the writings, but thats 100% personal

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.