Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 22 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63225 Topics
442118 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#464545 - 04/25/14 06:48 AM Re: Mattheal, in memorium [Re: ModTeam]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Deeply saddened. We all share the grief with his family and each other.

We will forge on, for the sake of Matt and our other brothers who are no longer at our side.
Farewell, dear friend and brother.

#464556 - 04/25/14 11:03 AM Re: Mattheal, in memorium [Re: ModTeam]
txb Offline

I'm really sorry to hear this. I suck at writing this sort of stuff, but he was definitely one of the people from here that I admired for they way they handled things. I'm very sorry for his wife and son.

#464582 - 04/25/14 09:41 PM Re: Mattheal, in memorium [Re: ModTeam]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
This terrible loss should not discourage any of us from continuing our pursuit of healing and recovery. Please take the time to grieve as you feel you are lead to, and to honor Mattheal's memory. But I am sure that Mattheal would not have wanted anyone to be diverted from reclaiming the lives that were taken from us.

Rest In Peace Mattheal

Jude
....it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all. "
Joni Mitchell

#464593 - 04/26/14 05:12 AM Re: Mattheal, in memorium [Re: ModTeam]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

I didn't know Matt, but I know a lot of you posting about how much he meant to you.

I have been distant from MS lately, trying to make it on my own, and not doing very well. I came back to check in, and this is what I found.

May we all live with Matt in our hearts.

Cant

#464600 - 04/26/14 12:09 PM Re: Mattheal, in memorium [Re: cant_remember]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
I'm in shock. I can't find the words like some of you have. Like Can't, I've been mostly absent from MS of late and I checked the forum today to discover this unbelievably tragic news. I didn't know Matt as well as some of you did but when he and I did speak on here he was always one of the most kind and supportive people around. My heart is broken for his wife and son.

Rest in peace Matt.

Ken

Edited by BraveFalcon (04/26/14 12:41 PM)

#464655 - 04/27/14 05:30 PM Re: Mattheal, in memorium [Re: ModTeam]
OCN Offline

Loc: Western Europe
This is sad news!
Didn't know Matt very well, but we commented on eachothers topics and in one of them i felt he was doing great.
Hearing that he passed away makes me feel sad. Even though i don't know him, i can feel that we lost a brother. It hits me harder than i first imagined..

I wish his wife and son all the strength and courage they need to carry on without a loving husband.

And to all here on MS who knew Matt well, take care! It's unfair, but try to move on and stay strong and work on recovery..

Wish you all the best my friends!
Pieter

#464686 - 04/28/14 06:06 AM Re: Mattheal, in memorium [Re: ModTeam]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Reading these posts of thoughts in memorium, I am reminded how each of us makes an impact on the others here on MS.org far more than we could imagine.

No man is an island.

#464960 - 05/04/14 11:36 PM Re: Mattheal, in memorium [Re: ModTeam]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

fuck. we pm'ed a lot and when we both decided to take a break from MS committed to stay in touch. second guy in 2 years who i really related to now gone. makes me rethink coming back here afterall. why sit and watch the lights blink out one by one?

Edited by Jacob S (05/05/14 12:08 AM)
all the people he can trust.
Like the one who stands behind him
cheering him on
Estatic when he stands defiant,
wild with abandon when he's gone

just stay alive.
do whatever you need to.
you are worth it.

#464969 - 05/05/14 11:52 AM Re: Mattheal, in memorium [Re: ModTeam]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
Matt--I understand.

"Upon the shadowy shore of death the sea of trouble casts no wave. Eyes that have been curtained by the everlasting dark, will never know again the burning touch of tears. Lips touched by eternal silence will never speak again the broken words of grief. Hearts of dust do not break. The dead do not weep."

-- Robert G. Ingersoll

#465280 - 05/13/14 01:48 AM Re: Mattheal, in memorium [Re: ModTeam]
learning2luvme Offline

Gentlemen,

It seems like as "thrivers" we all go through ups and downs as we heal and grow. It's a history and pattern we will have most of our lives. Perhaps we get the distance between the highs and lows to be less...so the swings aren't so dramatic. It's worth it.

It absolutely hurts when one of our own leaves unexpectedly. Matt's departing has certainly impacted me and made me think a lot about my own healing and more importantly how I can continue to grow and help those around...like Matt did.

This unfortunate news fuels my fire to stay active, to help those in need and to keep more of our warriors on the battlefield. That is what Matt would want.

The best thing we can do is keep charging forward, keep helping, keep loving, keep supporting each other and slowly little by little bring forth the change that is necessary to bring an end to this madness.

Rest in peace Matt, but know that we are here to continue this fight! Our swords are sharpened, we're gonna get that castle back :-).

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.