Newest Members
Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2
12503 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
5 registered (dan_in_newengland, JW1230, 3 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12503 Members
74 Forums
64194 Topics
447971 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#46472 - 02/22/03 02:17 PM Re: GOOD STUFF-What did I in the Past 24 hoursfor me and the little me.
cog Offline

I want to add that I enjoyed reading the posts on this topic. I have recently tried doing something, and it is quite fun. My Therapist said that successful people reward themselves for their acheivements. I thought about that. That really makes sense. Now, every time I have some sort of success or achievement (it doesn't have to be big -- it could be as simple as making it through a day at the therapist), I go reward myself. I buy music that I have always wanted to buy, I get a milkshake, I find something to enjoy; heck, even Chicken McNuggets sometimes, just soothes the soul. It doesn't have to be something big. And I smile thinking, that I deserve it -- and so does the little me!

#46473 - 02/22/03 04:36 PM Re: GOOD STUFF-What did I in the Past 24 hoursfor me and the little me.
Little_E Offline
Member & Volunteer
MaleSurvivor
Loc: London UK
Arr, the joys of Youth!! Well i may as well add my joys and delights!!

I went to my m8's birthday party last night, i took my gf, and my house m8 and his gf too. It took us 4 hrs to get down there by train from uni!! FUCKING HATE PUBLIC TRASPORT!! Finaly got to the club just after 2230 hrs. and got well drunk!! and had A VERY good time!! Then went back to my parents home to sleep. and they cooked us a LUSH full english brekfast!! Umm!! :p Then we got train back up, the gf's went of to work and me and SPANKY (house m8) went to BegerKing and eat more Junk Food!! then went to Supermarket and got ICE CREAM!! Umm, been having craving for ice cream all week, no idea why thoue! Must be them "Distubed Visions from an Underworld" coming through!!! we also pick up a bottle of wine!! umm, so we are just gona mong out tonite! OH and the Wresling PPV is on tomorow (NO WAY OUT). Umm the Male soap oppeara! So Much fun!! Catch ya all on the flip side!

Elliot!

DISTUBED VISIONS OF AN UNDERWORLD!!

#46474 - 02/22/03 06:46 PM Re: GOOD STUFF-What did I in the Past 24 hoursfor me and the little me.
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Kirk
the guy who wrote Nanin is an incredible guy, Tony Thornton. I met him a couple of years back, and to my shame I have not read all of his book yet, started but found it hard to cope with. But I feel ready to try again.
Tony is a inspiration to us all.

And I look forward to meeting the young Kirk very soon. ( Kirk and I go to the same group ) I'll bring my young Dave, he needs some company.

Dave

#46475 - 02/23/03 01:49 PM Re: GOOD STUFF-What did I in the Past 24 hoursfor me and the little me.
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Yesterday.
Well I think I have told everyone that I teach Inline skating and inline hockey as a fun thing. Yesterday I went to the inline skating rink where I teach and was a cruiser from 1-4.30pm. That is I helped maintain order on the rink surface. They had 27 birthday parties there. What a blast seeing all those children having a whole lot of fun. Boy was it infectuous. My inlines have a back wheel on each skate that kind of generate electrically flashes of red and green lights. I felt like a real child again. That is little Mike talking. I must have given at least 35 impromptu lessons to kids 6-14. I came home and did the wrong thing. Instead of staying active I lazed around and woke up in the middle of the night with really bad leg cramps. No excuses I did what I tell my students not to do. Dont go home and veg and I didnt eat a banana. Potassium levels. Couldn't spoil how I felt. I got a lot of exercise this morning. 15inches of snow. Americans keep telling us that their storms come from Canada and we tell the reverse to them. But my brothers snow is snow. I was outside shovelling for 2 1/2 hours. Leading up to let you know that Dave, who is a nextdoor neighbour and one of my best friends and I got into a snowball fight. Pretty soon a couple of other guys who were out shovelling got into it too. DAMN IT WAS FUN. Little Mike is now gonna do some of the big Mike Stuff. NIcole(wife) and I are going to a flea market to see what is there and mabye get something.
You my brothers have no idea the pleasure I get from reading this kind of stuff.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#46476 - 02/23/03 05:03 PM Re: GOOD STUFF-What did I in the Past 24 hoursfor me and the little me.
Don-NY Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Long Island, NY
One thing I have held on to my entire life is flying kites.

There is always at least one in the trunk of my car, and I live very close to the Atlantic shore, so I fly them from April to October. The beach is minutes away from my house.

My nephew is 13, my niece is 4, and they have opened my eyes, and mind, and heart to the child within these past 10 years or so.

Playing games with them, teaching them, I have rediscovered many of the things I liked as a child but gave up along the way.

Watercolors, Stratego, backgammon, dancing when the music moves me, being silly and laughing at nothing until my stomach hurts. The list goes on, but I always remember who is in charge. I try to anyway.

This inner child can be unreasonable, and needs discipline too; as much a loving act as any indulgence can be. RickL referred to this in a recent post, "A day out with the little you", in the Books Forum.

This was also mentioned in a topic a while back. It's worth reading again. The topic is called "Time to Grow Up", and while the concept of discipline for the inner child is presented a little harshly, it's a good point.

http://www.malesurvivor.org/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001268

#46477 - 03/02/03 07:49 AM Re: GOOD STUFF-What did I in the Past 24 hoursfor me and the little me.
Archnut Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Yesterday little me watched "Harry Potter - The Chamber of secrets" and pigged out on some very expensive ice-cream. \:D

And I dont feel guilty for enjoying myself although I do feel that I have put on quite a few pounds. ;\)

Heres to "The Lord of the rings - The two towers"
and the next YES gig (in July)

And all that was left was hope \:\)

Archnut

#46478 - 03/02/03 07:21 PM Re: GOOD STUFF-What did I in the Past 24 hoursfor me and the little me.
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Kirk
you have to do something wrong before you feel guilty.
Dave ;\)

#46479 - 03/03/03 08:58 AM Re: GOOD STUFF-What did I in the Past 24 hoursfor me and the little me.
George Offline

Loc: NY metro
Good thread...

Shortly after my wife & I moved out to the country (8 years ago @ 27 y/o), I put in a pool, got a big trampoline & a boat. I even got a dozen real baby chicks, a pony, pigmy goat. This was years before I would begin to deal with the abuse, but I still knew that I was making up for lost time as a kid. My wife & I grew up in what I call "close suburbs", niether of us had anything, or did anything like this as a kid, it was all so forein to us.

After 12 years of marriage we had a son, almost a year ago, our first child. Did someone mention a treehouse??? I can't wait to build a monster of a treehouse with my son by my side, although I know I'll probably get more out of it than he will. I'm already starting to collect hotwheel cars for him, the ones I want! I got a 62 Caddy HEARSE (much to my wife's shagrin), a fleet of Mercedes' & some trucks... I can't wait till he's old enough to play outside with them on the roads & bridges I'll just have to show him how to build...

My son is gonna have the childhood every kid should / 've have / had...if I can help it. I plan to relive my childhood vicarisly (sp) through his, in a healthy way of course.

As you can tell, I have alot to look forward to.

~George~

#46480 - 03/03/03 09:48 AM Re: GOOD STUFF-What did I in the Past 24 hoursfor me and the little me.
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
George: Terrific.
Unknowingly all my life since the birth of my daughter Tanya (now 22)I have revelled in the rebirth of things in me that too soon I had buried and locked deep within me. Sitting with my daughter in the evening at the shore of moonlit lake with a slight breeze and having her, in awe, ask me where have all the sparkles come from or the peaceful sighing of a breeze through the leaves of trees. Watching rabbits, deer and other wild creatures in their own universe. Finally understanding why I have always had a strong negative reaction to visiting a ZOO. Tanya asking why are the animals all locked up and how they must be sad to not be free.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#46481 - 03/03/03 11:19 AM Re: GOOD STUFF-What did I in the Past 24 hoursfor me and the little me.
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
George thanks for sharing that wonderful uplifting
post! Sounds like you're already doing a great job of parenting--your child, and your inner child! WTG!

When I was a kid I used to love Hot Wheels and treehouses. Had to use my friends, as I didn't have nay, but it was still fun.

My two girls weren't real interested in either. But it sure was fun raising them & growing up with them. They're both in college now, but not too far away. In fact one's home this week, the other next week.

I still like the rare opportunities to play with other peoples kids tho--at church, around the neighborhood. Little Vic still wants to play and not grow up too fast! :p

Victor

Victor

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.