Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
2 registered (tbkkfile, susie), 10 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63570 Topics
444147 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#464300 - 04/20/14 02:22 PM Penn State in the news for all the wrong reasons
ShortedDiode Offline

Loc: Hamilton, ON Canada
This was emailed to me by my best friend who is a Penn State graduate. Yet again, Penn State's in the news for all the wrong reasons:

Florida State Case Unneded Distraction For Penn State

So it sounds like Florida State did a total whitewash job on investigating an alleged rape by one of their most valuable football players that took place two years ago, and Penn State has apparently decided to hire Florida State's president who was in charge while this took place.

It's painfully obvious that Penn State doesn't get it. Given what happened there, you'd think every high profile administration hire would be put through a tremendously thorough background check and vetting process to make sure they're squeaky clean. You'd think they'd make a particular point of steering as clear as possible from anybody associated with university football team sex scandals specifically but no, apparently that's not a problem for the board of trustees which indicates that there's still a big problem at PSU. It's sad and I can only shake my head at how backwards that place is.

#464338 - 04/21/14 12:51 PM Re: Penn State in the news for all the wrong reasons [Re: ShortedDiode]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
mad

That's all.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#464368 - 04/21/14 09:52 PM Re: Penn State in the news for all the wrong reasons [Re: Suwanee]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Our whole culture worships the "great god of football". That's all.

Puffer

#464373 - 04/21/14 10:31 PM Re: Penn State in the news for all the wrong reasons [Re: pufferfish]
JayBro Online   content

Loc: Germany
Originally Posted By: pufferfish
Our whole culture worships the "great god of football". That's all.

Puffer

This happens in many societies around the world. It seems to me, as a non-American looking in, that football is one of many distractions in American society to keep people subservient to the status quo. There are so many issues in American society, but if people are told to be concerned with something frivolous such as celebrities, football, or Popeye's Chicken, then they won't ask questions or be outraged about what's going on.

#464389 - 04/22/14 08:46 AM Re: Penn State in the news for all the wrong reasons [Re: ShortedDiode]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

The Board of Trustees at Penn State should reevaluate their decision. How could they overlook such a transgression after the university allowed CSA to be rampant inside its walls. I do not get it--do they think the world forgot what happened at Penn State?

#464400 - 04/22/14 12:57 PM Re: Penn State in the news for all the wrong reasons [Re: ShortedDiode]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
There is a sub-culture in the hills of Pennsylvania that sees nothing wrong with what happened.
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#464401 - 04/22/14 01:12 PM Re: Penn State in the news for all the wrong reasons [Re: ShortedDiode]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Not just "nothing wrong" with it, they flat out put on blinders and state it DIDN'T happen and was just a united money grab scheme and a conspiracy.

They call themselves "truthers" and yet everything they hold to is a lie to protect the college and sport they worship.

Edited by JustScott (04/22/14 01:13 PM)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.