Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (md4e, I Want 2 Thrive, 1 invisible), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63373 Topics
443142 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#464045 - 04/13/14 09:42 PM Weight loss plateau tips?
oliviaavaxj Offline

I've recently hit a weight loss plateau & haven't lost much weight in the past couple of weeks (I lost about 15 lbs since January, but it's come to a halt). I exercise about 5 days out of the week for 30+ mins, and I try to eat as healthy as I can (though sometimes I slip up). Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

#464052 - 04/14/14 12:28 AM Re: Weight loss plateau tips? [Re: oliviaavaxj]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
This might work:

I learned from the Oz show that cooking with coconut oil would start a weight loss regimen. For several weeks I've been eating something every day cooked in coconut oil. Often it's just a 6-inch buckwheat pancake.

It seems to be working. I'll give additional progress reports.

I found coconut oil in the local Wal-Mart for a reasonable price, approximately 1/3 the price of the health food store. It's a thick oil at room temperature and looks something like lard. But it's not lard. It's chemically very different and seems to make those abdominal fats want to leave. It seems to be without any toxic side effects and may also cut down on my appetite.

Puffer

#464087 - 04/14/14 08:40 PM Re: Weight loss plateau tips? [Re: oliviaavaxj]
I Want 2 Thrive Online   content
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida, U.S.A
olivia,

Have you changed up your exercise routine lately? Variety often helps kickstart the metabolism.

I am down a foot in off my waistline, since I started 8 months ago. Was done mostly by adding different types of cardio twice a week.

I think the body just gets bored with the same old routine.

For the record I am not a Doc/physical trainer, run it by yours first and see what they think first.

"There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind" C.S. Lewis
My Story: Short / Long version. *TRIGGERS*

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.