Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
10 registered (AustinChemist, Obi, 6 invisible), 21 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63167 Topics
441715 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#463720 - 04/05/14 09:00 PM Re: See a new therapist tomorrow. Yikes. [Re: Dave PNW]
JayBro Offline

Loc: Germany
Very happy for you, Dave! I found that a therapist who is well trained in abuse and trauma recovery can be tremendously helpful and give you an extra boost in your recovery. As you stated in your initial post, you wanted to do this at least in part for your wife- use that and other motivators you have to keep you going on this journey. I have no doubt your new therapist will be just one more of those supports for you (and in addition be able to help provide guidance and deep insight into your experiences and recovery trajectory).

Take care!!

#463921 - 04/10/14 01:36 AM Re: See a new therapist tomorrow. Yikes. [Re: Dave PNW]
DavoSwim Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa, USA
Dave
Congratulations to you for staying true to your journey and forging ahead when the path wasn't cleanly laid out in front of you. Your grit and determination is inspiring. I wish you well as you open a new chapter in your life. Just know that as much as you found your voice here at MS, you gave back to the guys here more than what you took. I have been moved by your story. I am better off than before because I have known you and learned from you. Thank you for all you've done, and I wish you an even better future.

Dave

#464019 - 04/12/14 09:13 PM Re: See a new therapist tomorrow. Yikes. [Re: Dave PNW]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
That's great news, Dave. This will encourage others as well. Thanks for sharing it with us in the forum.
cool

#464024 - 04/12/14 10:49 PM Re: See a new therapist tomorrow. Yikes. [Re: Dave PNW]
gettingstronger Offline

Loc: Virginia
Hi Dave,

Good for you. I'm glad it went well. It's tough enough disclosing all this to strangers the first time around, let alone a second. There's really nothing like a really understanding and compassionate therapist, in my opinion.

I like your comment about how we only move forward when we open up. That's so true! I think what makes it so hard is that it takes so much courage, and it's so hard for so many survivors to muster. Congratulations again on being willing to take risks--again-- for the sake of healing.

All the best,
Bob

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.