Newest Members
Severe stammer, Jeff B., Aquarian, synthguy, equus
12836 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Amatthew78 (37), Berenice (50), ClarenceDOhio (61), Geist (28), harmarea (44), needhelp_ks59 (57), PAVEMaleOutreach (41), The Abyss (48)
Who's Online
6 registered (iaccus, 5 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12836 Members
75 Forums
66321 Topics
463423 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#467451 - 07/10/14 04:36 PM Re: Were any of you tortured? Trigger warning [Re: PerseveringDaily]
roninsteve Offline

Loc: Victoria Australia
My Therapist labeled what was happening as torture and I initially disregarded it.
She also pointed out that what they were doing was rape not just bullying as I was labeling it.
I found that I could shut of a lot of the pain and my body was hardening against it. Even the pain from the rapes became less. But no mater what I did I couldn't reduce the emotional abuse. The fear they installed would just eat at me and the hatred that they spewed. I knew I deserved what they were doing and I knew it was all my fault. The logic was simple. If it wasn't my fault then someone would have stepped in for me but no one did. It hurt even more because I was just too stupid to see what I was doing wrong. I know different now but it is still hard to believe that I did nothing wrong and I am always looking.

I once read something which said that torture was the Sanctioned infliction of severe pain (Physical, mental or psychological) for gain (information, confession or pleasure) In My case. Teachers knew enough, my parents knew enough, the youth leaders knew enough. None of them lifted a finger to stop it so I believe that what my abusers did, they did with the acknowledgement and approval of society. AS for the acts themselves.There is no difference between abuse and torture. All of us her have some form of acute injury as a direct result.

#467739 - 07/18/14 12:41 AM Re: Were any of you tortured? Trigger warning [Re: PerseveringDaily]
WriterKeith Offline

Loc: southern California

I just want to bump this up on the forum list because what you've said is so important and so well stated.
"A burned bridge can be a gift; it prevents us from returning to a place we should have never been."

#467745 - 07/18/14 03:39 AM Re: Were any of you tortured? Trigger warning [Re: PerseveringDaily]
tbkkfile Offline

Loc: Surrey, United Kingdom

Edited by tbkkfile (10/24/14 03:59 AM)
To look up and not down,
To look forward and not back,
To look out and not in

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.