Newest Members
Hank2, Severe stammer, Jeff B., Aquarian, synthguy
12837 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rolling_is_life (29), tjh (25), tommyb (33)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 16 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12837 Members
75 Forums
66348 Topics
463601 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Topic Options
#463105 - 03/24/14 11:15 PM Isn't it ironic?
Rusty563 Offline

Loc: Anywhere, USA
Today I had a rough session with my therapist. I'm having difficulty trusting men due in part because of my father's physical and verbal abuse and secondly the sexual abuse from other men. I've spent wasted years looking for the "right one." The right man to take the place of my father and even a friend for life. An unreasonable mission that led to abuse.

The irony? Today makes the 3rd anniversary of making a friend here on MS that I've lost. I know that because I was thumbing through old emails and he reminded me back in 2012 that 3/24 was our 2nd anniversary. We immediately hit it off. We was intelligent, compassionate, and there.

Sometimes it felt like I got lost in him. Too needy and compliant. But he was there and I craved the companionship. He was someone like me - a victim of abuse. Just what the doctor ordered. Pfft.

We left MS and continued our "relationship" (with boundaries) for quite sometime. That is until last year. The emails became fewer and far between. I began to wonder what I had done. I could see the signs coming. Our last communication was in July.

I'm at loss as what to do next. You see, another man I trusted, a kind of father figure, has disappeared too. Another abandonment. So enter the perps. Enter the insecurities and blame and humiliation that the perps left me with. What did I do to deserve THEM? Being too vulnerable?

Vulnerability has cost me dearly.
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you - Maya Angelous
Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed - Martin Luther King

#463106 - 03/24/14 11:23 PM Re: Isn't it ironic? [Re: Rusty563]
Mountainous Buck Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Hey rusty-

sorry to hear this - you deserve better.

There is no one person or persons who will fix me and make me whole.

As I do my own work in recovery Day by day I find other men on the same journey and learn I can trust myself and there are people I can trust: as opposed to "getting lost" in them.

Healing those deep ones of betrayal and loss of innocence- finding sources of nurturing fathering and brothering - of real friendship and intimacy that is actually healthy and affirming for me- these are the things worth living for and I wish them for you.

Please don't give up because of one bad apple.
We have to take responsibility for what we're not responsible for.

It doesn't matter where you've come from,
It matters where you go" Frank Turner

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.