Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
4 registered (myrlin, JACKL, SoccerStar, WalkingBuffalo), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64168 Topics
447785 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#463008 - 03/23/14 02:26 AM Memories Fade
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1

#463029 - 03/23/14 01:50 PM Re: Memories Fade [Re: Still]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Admittedly, I long approached Tears for Fears with caution. Songs from the Big Chair was released in 1985--which was generally a wretched year for me as a thirteen year-old. Its singles were all over the radio through that summer and became a part of the de facto soundtrack. Coincidentally "Shout" was issued as a single the week of my 13th birthday. Not coincidentally, a segment if its lyrics served as my first 'signature' when I joined MS.

The music (as you shared) from their earlier album The Hurting is even more dark and introspective. While casual listeners may not hear beyond the 80s synth sound, those who listen to the lyrics will realize Roland Orzabal and Curt Smith are engaging in a cathartic exercise that spans decades.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.