Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63189 Topics
441846 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#462952 - 03/21/14 05:25 PM Further research into prevalence of bisexuality
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#463021 - 03/23/14 11:58 AM Re: Further research into prevalence of bisexuality [Re: SoccerStar]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Thank you for posting that link. It reaffirms a long-held personal belief that human behavior can rarely be distilled down to "yes/no, black/white, on/off, one/zero."

Though I don't recall the exact text(s), I'm aware of several that argue the prevailing notion of either/or sexuality is a recent construct. One researcher examined letters and personal accounts of life in pioneer America and found it filled with ambiguous(by current standards) and unflinching accounts of same-sex relationships. Even the accounts of Abraham Lincoln's life include references to several instances of male companionship which would be scandalous in today's quick-to-label-and-condemn mentality.

So, to sum it all up:

"People are complicated."

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.