Newest Members
gdj, Db, dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty
12386 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 25 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12386 Members
74 Forums
63654 Topics
444545 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#462897 - 03/20/14 02:39 PM Fred Phelps is Dead
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fred-phelps-sr-westboro-baptist-churchs-fiery-founder-dies-at-84/

...Led by Phelps, church members thanked God for roadside explosive devices and prayed for thousands more casualties...

I just know there has to be a parade in New Orleans' French Quarter...

Click my pic to see why I'm here

#462909 - 03/20/14 07:17 PM Re: Fred Phelps is Dead [Re: Chase Eric]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Originally Posted By: Chase Eric
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fred-phelps-sr-westboro-baptist-churchs-fiery-founder-dies-at-84/

...Led by Phelps, church members thanked God for roadside explosive devices and prayed for thousands more casualties...

I just know there has to be a parade in New Orleans' French Quarter...

Ding-dong, the mean old douche is dead! Ha ha! Normally I would never hope for or celebrate the demise of another human being but..... F*** THIS GUY!!!! Seriously.

Ken

#462911 - 03/20/14 07:22 PM Re: Fred Phelps is Dead [Re: Chase Eric]
Rusty563 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Anywhere, USA
DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDOkMSf-F14

#462920 - 03/21/14 12:28 AM Re: Fred Phelps is Dead [Re: Chase Eric]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Unfortunatley, his views will not die with him. Westboro Baptist Church has not renounced his hatefull message. I take only small comfort in knowing that they are a relatively small organization, and their bizzare "God Hates You" campaign only serves to make homophobia appear uglier and more disreputable.
I get a little bit closer to feeling fine.
Sheryl Crow

#462929 - 03/21/14 10:20 AM Re: Fred Phelps is Dead [Re: Chase Eric]
ShortedDiode Offline

Loc: Hamilton, ON Canada
Good riddance to that nasty piece of work.

#462930 - 03/21/14 11:02 AM Re: Fred Phelps is Dead [Re: Chase Eric]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
if there is a heaven and hell, as he believed, i am sure that he has been surprised to find himself where he ended up.
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#462935 - 03/21/14 01:39 PM Re: Fred Phelps is Dead [Re: Jude]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Jude
Unfortunatley, his views will not die with him. Westboro Baptist Church has not renounced his hatefull message. I take only small comfort in knowing that they are a relatively small organization, and their bizzare "God Hates You" campaign only serves to make homophobia appear uglier and more disreputable.

While true that his views do not die with him, the group remains at the fringes of any acceptable social behavior. That gives me comfort. The Westboro Baptist Church has served to show us the logical extension of similar vitriol that is spewed perhaps a bit less caustically from the less tolerant among us. In that sense, they have advanced the very causes against which they have fought simply by demonstrating who they are.

I am totally down with letting them hang themselves with their own hateful rhetoric. If my existence serves as the rope, so be it.

Click my pic to see why I'm here

#462943 - 03/21/14 03:16 PM Re: Fred Phelps is Dead [Re: Chase Eric]
1lifenow Offline

Loc: west coast
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/03/14/exc...s-might-be-gay/

He was the worst kind of self hater turning it outward. I wanna puke. This is from the article written by a former member of the "church"

Drain went on to say that she thought his reaction to being asked by the media if he was gay himself was suspicious, in that it was particularly extreme.
“I never understood why, when [he was asked by the press], ‘Why are you so against the homosexuals? Did you have a homosexual experience? Do you have homosexual tendencies?’ And he would get so mad, he would shut down. And he’d be like, ‘I can’t talk to this person anymore, they’re stupid.’
“His reaction to that was stronger than any other question you can ask him. So I always wondered that — why does he get so mad? If I’m not gay, I’ll just say I’m not gay.”
She went on to say that speculating on the matter was all she could do, as she didn’t know the true reason for his reaction to those questions.
She said: “But something happened, and something made him change his mind about the military, and in turn have kind of a crusade against sexual immorality and homosexuals.”

It must suck when your whole life is made up of nothing but the "wrath". This is why I am so anti religion. He was following an ultra Calvinistic crusade that was clearly a rejection of his own unwanted homosexual feelings.

When asked "can you preach the bible without preaching the hatred of God?" his answer was "absolutely not!". If you read the bible, he is Correct. To say otherwise is to cherry pick. Its all in there. The King James bible is considered the cornerstone of modern english language christianity. Yet he himself was a devout homosexual.
http://etb-history-theology.blogspot.ca/2012/03/king-james-was-gay.html

From the many self flagellating saints, to markus bachman, Exodus, Ted Haggard, oh the list is way too long and repugnant, Self hating homo's lead the battle against themselves. We are not fooled.

Somehow when all the sins are listed and it is determined that homosexuality is the WORST one responsible for floods, fires, school shootings and gives impetus and rationale for groups like WBC to Gleefully pronounce "GOD HATES FAGS" then as Shakespeare so astutely observed:
He " doth protest too much"
!!!!

WoR Barrie 2011

#462955 - 03/21/14 06:10 PM Re: Fred Phelps is Dead [Re: Chase Eric]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
And we all should say only nice things about the dead.
Phelps is dead.
How nice….
(pulled from a cnn article I just read- couldn't resist.)

And wouldn't it be nice if this obsessive hatred that has permeated 21st century society in the U.S. were also dead. But, it isn't.

#462966 - 03/21/14 11:29 PM Re: Fred Phelps is Dead [Re: Chase Eric]
Rustam Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
His message was horrible and he seemed like an arrogant angry idiot but he did study scripture and could back up his anger and hate with biblical scholarship. Phelps had as much reason as any other preacher or man of god to proclaim what he sincerely believed. His fellow church members are no different to anyone else who follow the faith they grew up in, they have as much evidence as anyone that they are preaching the word of god. He might have embarrassed more moderate christians but his interpretation of scripture has as much legitimacy as that of anyone else.

I watched the Louis Theroux programme on his church, I felt very sad for the children being forced to go on the pickets and putting up with the hatred from the public. Sure the children are brainwashed but their parents are only teaching their children what they believe, all people of faith hope to pass on their faith to their children. The church is small and mostly family but if it does grow like other faiths have, how many churches does it need to have before it is respected like any other.

Phelps and his congregation are people of faith, obeying gods law and whether we like the message or not, they are doing what they believe to be right, we have to respect Phelps and his congregation if we are expected to respect the faith of others. Yes his message is more disturbing than most types of christianity but he was as sincere a christian and man of god as anyone can claim to be.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.