Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
6 registered (ethereo222, randombreeze, 86, 3 invisible), 28 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63226 Topics
442138 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#462326 - 03/10/14 09:28 AM Mike Lew's workshops....has anyone been?
lucylives Offline

Has anyone gone to one of those? The couples one?

How helpful was it?

Could one of the men post this in the men's section so I can hear some reviews?

Thanks all.

#462444 - 03/12/14 03:14 AM Re: Mike Lew's workshops....has anyone been? [Re: lucylives]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
lucylives,

I haven't seen a reply to your post, so I thought I would leave you a note....in hopes others will reply.

Although I have not attended a Mike Lew workshop, if you Google search him you will find he is a leading authority in the field. I would feel confident in attending one of his workshops.

#462863 - 03/19/14 02:35 PM Re: Mike Lew's workshops....has anyone been? [Re: lucylives]
sugarbaby Offline

Nope....and at $650 I'm not likely ...and I mean no offense to/or reflection on Mr. Lew when I say that.

#462865 - 03/19/14 05:39 PM Re: Mike Lew's workshops....has anyone been? [Re: lucylives]
newground Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: michigan
there is a WoR for couples as well lucy if you want to look at that. the details are on the home page here I dont know about mike lews programs but I have heard good things I was thinking I might like to go not so sure about a couples thing though. THAT seems scary.
Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
Herman Melville

#462873 - 03/19/14 10:36 PM Re: Mike Lew's workshops....has anyone been? [Re: lucylives]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
To be honest with my post here I will suggest that I have been to 2 Mike Lews mens weekends, Back to back. I have not attended a MS wor. I have never been to the couples event but some good close support people I know went

The mens weekend which includes Thom Harrigan ( A totally awesome dude). Mike and Thom are the only facilitators of the event.
They tell you the magic of their event is the often time peer lead activities and talks.
They strive from the very beginning to provide a very safe place to work on the issues.

SO the place is AWESOME, to most people. I had a small bit of issue with it being very religious, but it is what it is. The buildings rooms are hospitable and the food was rather tasty. Nice bookstore, if its your thing.

From my understanding in addition to the work with mike, you will be broken down in to more groups to have the ability to work through some of the trauma that effects both partners. Peer to peer healing is at the heart of some of mikes work. I was informed there was opportunity for some time at the bag for "active expression". after checkin at night, mike may decide to read you a bedtime story before calling it a night. I found the late evening discussions as well as eating time to be really great time to meet and talk about all sorts of issues in a more relaxed place where everybody knows you got the mark on your forehead. It reminds me of when people will all shave their head to support a sick person. WE know its there, now lets figure it out , TOGETHER.

IF the MSWOR couples is run using current methodology, you will get a more intensive T led program. Smallar more intense groups of people being safely guided with a focus and plan guided through a T. THere is som ceremony that some love and some don't.its based on some older form. THere will be women T at this event, which can be a problem for some and worth mentioning.

Listen, can it hurt? I don't think so. I think the two mike events were instrumental in solidifying my support group. I liked my time, while it was very hard, I thought it DEF helped my recovery and opened my eyes to some issues I diidt think as much about yet. I met great guys and in the same time helped some of them.

MONEY IS MONEY and these things are not very affordable to some people who are just getting by. We have to determine what is fair and worth it to us. Is the potential benefit worth the financial strain. The land in PA is really nice, and to my disdain, is a religious place. beautiful weather and food…walks in nature while thinking about life and what brought you there.

BOTH EVENTS OFFER SCHOLARSHIPS, You can't get anything if you don't ask.

I would ask you what an AHA moment is worth? $650 or $250 What if that AHA moment came from Mile lew, who has an amazing way to look and empathize with a look of his eyes.and knowing the exact right things to say and where to push…And its also interesting to see somebody give it too them back, and they can handle themselves..the dynamic is interesting to me.

Good luck!

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.