Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (BraveFalcon, 2 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63582 Topics
444216 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#462843 - 03/19/14 06:20 AM Re: I want to disappear [Re: DrumRunner]
DrumRunner Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
I wish the MS discussion board had a "like" button for individual posts :-)

Seeing the common threads in the multitude of our CSA adult symptoms helps me not feel so alone. And it's that alone place where I often want to disappear to; a place which is equal parts sanctuary and prison. Thanks everyone!

#462845 - 03/19/14 06:27 AM Re: I want to disappear [Re: DrumRunner]
pete1973 Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
"like" smile

#462846 - 03/19/14 06:54 AM Re: I want to disappear [Re: DrumRunner]
pete1973 Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
DrumRunner, you said it best, well at least in my situation. The secrets are definitely the poison and I have been working hard with my counselor and therapist to rid myself of as many of the secrets as possible. I don't want to and can't live my life in secret anymore. The secrets increased the shame and guilt and embarrassment and drove me to re-victimizing myself and feeling like I deserved to be hurt and abused and even pushed me to get a man to try to abuse me.
Now there are pretty much no more secrets, there are private issues which I was taught are acceptable and needed but no secrets can do me any good. The abuse began as a big secret and just grew. It happened before I hit puberty and didn't know anything about sex so when puberty hit and I enjoyed my first ejaculation the guilt and shame just came rushing in and I could only enjoy it by myself as I had a strong belief that I would not hurt myself and I kept this belief and secret until I was again abused at 18, after that things went to shit and the poison just filled my body. I got into drugs, abused sexually by the first woman I had sex with, grew distant from all of my family and the few friends I had and even when I realized how low I was I couldn't find the strength to leave and thank god the bitch decided to leave me.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.