Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (44), CP4 (24), EddieMi (46), EddieT (46), hemi1024 (54), Kage (70), kdj_74 (40), Knightswhitehart (49), otlhouston (47), TX_Space (47), VirtualBman (50)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 34 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63793 Topics
445490 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#462843 - 03/19/14 06:20 AM Re: I want to disappear [Re: DrumRunner]
DrumRunner Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
I wish the MS discussion board had a "like" button for individual posts :-)

Seeing the common threads in the multitude of our CSA adult symptoms helps me not feel so alone. And it's that alone place where I often want to disappear to; a place which is equal parts sanctuary and prison. Thanks everyone!

#462845 - 03/19/14 06:27 AM Re: I want to disappear [Re: DrumRunner]
pete1973 Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
"like" smile

#462846 - 03/19/14 06:54 AM Re: I want to disappear [Re: DrumRunner]
pete1973 Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
DrumRunner, you said it best, well at least in my situation. The secrets are definitely the poison and I have been working hard with my counselor and therapist to rid myself of as many of the secrets as possible. I don't want to and can't live my life in secret anymore. The secrets increased the shame and guilt and embarrassment and drove me to re-victimizing myself and feeling like I deserved to be hurt and abused and even pushed me to get a man to try to abuse me.
Now there are pretty much no more secrets, there are private issues which I was taught are acceptable and needed but no secrets can do me any good. The abuse began as a big secret and just grew. It happened before I hit puberty and didn't know anything about sex so when puberty hit and I enjoyed my first ejaculation the guilt and shame just came rushing in and I could only enjoy it by myself as I had a strong belief that I would not hurt myself and I kept this belief and secret until I was again abused at 18, after that things went to shit and the poison just filled my body. I got into drugs, abused sexually by the first woman I had sex with, grew distant from all of my family and the few friends I had and even when I realized how low I was I couldn't find the strength to leave and thank god the bitch decided to leave me.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.