Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
1 registered (petercorbett), 14 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64185 Topics
447890 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#461772 - 02/28/14 09:46 PM Re: Your Mother's Abuse? *Triggers* [Re: concerned_husky]
focusedbody Offline

Loc: NY
Gaatt:

Absolutely. You've got the space.

What you are saying is a good description of the fragility in which a lot of this work seems to reside. I've often wondered what that is about, but when I consider how early in life a child's needs must be met, it is not out of the realm of possibility to feel them later in life.

I think your awareness of the delicate nature of separating consciousness of yourself from others is accurate. I had to work pretty hard at it for a few years before making the kind of distinctions I'm able to make now. With that awareness also comes a sensitivity that can seem burdensome at first, but which ultimately allows me to process a lot more of the pain I carry around.

I think whatever helps distinguish oneself from others is worthwhile, even if it is as slow and demanding as you have described. When I feel myself fully, it is a great gift. Although along with that can come real feelings of fear, they can also become signs that I'm just beginning to understand what it means to trust someone else.

I hope you are patient with yourself and allow whatever you need to emerge, even if just for a while so you can get used to it.

Peace,

FB

#461835 - 03/01/14 09:36 PM Re: Your Mother's Abuse? *Triggers* [Re: concerned_husky]
peacemaker67 Offline

Loc: WI
Sorry I haven't been around for you my friend.
I have been thinking about you. I won't use the I've been too busy line...that isn't fair.
Send me a PM if you want. I will check in.

Here for you...
peacemaker67
-Love is love when it is free; love is love when others don't feed on you as a "need". If we reach one person with betterment, and in turn that one reaches another, what power we have to change the world."

#462229 - 03/08/14 02:31 PM Re: Your Mother's Abuse? *Triggers* [Re: concerned_husky]
gaatt Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks guys,

This seems to be resolving quite well for me. When I get clearer on what my path to healing involves, and take what the women offer as possibilities to research (and make mine or not depending on how the research goes) then it seems to be less difficult. I still feel the pull to take on their stress but am more aware of it and less likely to succumb to it.

Sincerely,

GAATT.

My Story: http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=468661#Post468661

#462704 - 03/16/14 01:48 AM Re: Your Mother's Abuse? *Triggers* [Re: concerned_husky]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey guys,

Thanks for all your responses and apologies for not contributing lately. I've been away traveling a bit, but now I should have some more time to devote to MS. It'll take me a while to digest all the things you've written here as it's definitely a complicated issue for me. Hope to keep hearing from you guys.

My Story

#462754 - 03/17/14 01:44 PM Re: Your Mother's Abuse? *Triggers* [Re: concerned_husky]
gaatt Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi Husky,

I'm looking forward to hearing about what you discover in yourself too!

Sincerely,

"GAATT"

My Story: http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=468661#Post468661

#462804 - 03/18/14 09:52 AM Re: Your Mother's Abuse? *Triggers* [Re: gaatt]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I intend to contribute to this discussion but I need a larger block of time than I have right now. Probably this evening.

Puffer

#464129 - 04/15/14 07:02 PM Re: Your Mother's Abuse? *Triggers* [Re: concerned_husky]
nuriah Offline

My mother *hasn't* talked to me about her abuse - we only really have best guesses at it. Aside from the obvious (her having abused me), she has many of the telltales of childhood abuse, including telling very, very few stories of her childhood.

Our best guess is that she was abused by cousin(s) or others when she spent her summers on a farm in the midwest. What she *has* shared with me was one story of a cousin chasing her around the farm with a freshly beheaded chicken (when they still twitch, move, and bleed). I have no real idea why she shared that story with me when I was a little kid - it's pretty awful.

She also frequently says that she was a stupid little kid, which is another one of those telltales that something abusive was going on. And, again, I don't know why that, of all things, was relayed to me as I was growing up.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.