Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
5 registered (Scott1962, Kylie, don64, 2 invisible), 17 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443087 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#462436 - 03/12/14 12:12 AM Titled: Would You Like To Restart
Cthulhu Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cascadia
I found this photo on a gaming site the other day. I find it really powerful. Especially because Megaman is always depicted really young. He's so torn up, beaten and defeated. But he is resembling, restarting, and going on to fight again. I think this website is full of men doing this. Putting ourselves back together. Fighting.

We are warriors of a different kind (although some of us are warriors of the literal kind too), but we, like warriors,are suffering through an arduous journey fraught with very real danger(and reward). Our enemies may sit across kitchen tables from us, be seen walking down the road, for others courtrooms, and for some, such as myself, they are primary just be phantoms in our mind(and so tied to the self they can be indistinguishably me at times). So, would you like to restart? I am trying to.

Artist's source: http://chasingartwork.deviantart.com/

(sorry if this is the wrong forum)

Edited by Cthulhu (03/12/14 12:22 AM)
Edit Reason: accidentally a word

some context

#462739 - 03/17/14 08:05 AM Re: Titled: Would You Like To Restart [Re: Cthulhu]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Cthulhu,

I think this picture sums it up really well. I'm trying to restart as well. Been looking for my "parts". I'm still used to the old ones that have been torn away from me. Sometimes they don't really fit, so I have to try really hard to adjust and make sure I can function with the new parts. They feel awkward. Like Megaman up there, I feel like I'm still on life support sometimes - and when it stops working, when one of the wires are cut off, I feel like I disintegrate and cease to function, even breathe. But I still need it, at the very least until I get all geared up with my new parts and learn how to walk in them. One day, hopefully, I won't need that life support and I can walk off alone, confident and strong in my new parts.

#462743 - 03/17/14 09:42 AM Re: Titled: Would You Like To Restart [Re: Cthulhu]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
That IS a powerful image, precisely because as you said Mega Man is as much "boy" as "man." The way he explodes in a starburst when you lose, makes sense there would be fragments everywhere. But no Bladers, Yellow Devils, or Guts Dozers can make him give up. You recharge, and press forward to victory.

Similar vein: as you can see my avatar is Astro Boy. And one of his comics showed how badly he could be messed up in a way I always found creepy:

https://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.net/n_iv/600/741547.jpg

The vacant, unseeing eyes remind me of myself when I was refusing to see the severity of what had been done to another boy....

I like him flying high instead.

Matt

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#462913 - 03/20/14 07:36 PM Re: Titled: Would You Like To Restart [Re: Cthulhu]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Hi Cthulhu. Love the artwork. Yes, I definitely would like a restart in life. To bad real life doesn't work that way. If it did, it would also be handy to have a cheat code so that if and when I ran into one of the traumatic perils of my childhood, it simply wouldn't affect me. Sometimes I think I got the opposite of that. Like others could have gone through what I went through and not have wound up nearly as fucked up as I did. Unfortunately, I don't think my reassembled self looks or will ever look like it was supposed to. Not like Mega Man. He gets all blown to shit and winds up completely fine. Reassembled perfectly as he had been to continue his journey, and with a full life meter. Must be nice.

I also have always found it odd that they called him Mega "Man" when he has always been depicted more as a boy. In Mega Man 64, when he talks, he clearly has the voice of a preadolescent boy. Sounding like the voice belonged to someone who was about 10-12 years old. That was a great game, BTW.

On a side note, you have inspired me here. Just set this little tune as the ringtone on my phone.....

God, Quickman was a pain in the ass. Peace,

Ken

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.