Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
6 registered (skyguy, Won'tGiveUp, watzupwitu, traveler, tbkkfile, 1 invisible), 30 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63644 Topics
444478 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#461767 - 02/28/14 08:30 PM Re: The charge is "aggravated homosexuality"... [Re: Chase Eric]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
According to news many religious communities form Uganda were against bill as such including Catholic church.
Unfortunately there are people from abroad that have been presenting some Christian circles if I may say like that, which supported bill and this policy publicly.
And I agree, that is more than outrageous...

Pero

#461771 - 02/28/14 09:32 PM Ugandan President vetos anti-gay bill [Re: Chase Eric]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
Originally Posted By: Globe and Mail
Ugandan President vetos anti-gay bill

Uganda’s media reported on Friday that President Yoweri Museveni had sent an eight-page letter to parliament, criticizing the anti-gay bill and saying that the parliamentary vote wasn’t legally correct. But the President also unleashed a barrage of verbal attacks on gays, including some strange theories about the reasons for their sexual orientation.

GEOFFREY YORK
JOHANNESBURG
The Globe and Mail
Published Jan. 2014

War
Love
Poetry

#461773 - 02/28/14 09:47 PM Re: The charge is "aggravated homosexuality"... [Re: peroperic2009]
victor-victim Offline

Originally Posted By: peroperic2009
According to news many religious communities form Uganda were against bill as such including Catholic church.

Originally Posted By: The Christian Post

Uganda's Anti-Gay Bill Draws Evangelical Opposition

"Regardless of the diverse theological views of our religious traditions regarding the morality of homosexuality, in our churches, communities and families, we seek to embrace our gay and lesbian brothers and sisters as God's children worthy of respect and love," said a group of U.S. Catholic, evangelical and mainline Protestant leaders, in a statement Monday.

Most recently, on Thursday, evangelical Pastor Rick Warren released a video to Ugandan pastors detailing his opposition to the bill and correcting media reports that state otherwise.

As a pastor, he said it is not his role to interfere with the politics of other nations, he said it is his role to speak out on moral issues.

Warren called the Anti-Homosexuality bill "unjust, extreme and un-Christian" toward homosexuals.

"ALL life, no matter how humble or broken, whether unborn or dying, is precious to God," said Warren, who works with pastors in Uganda on the "Purpose Driven" campaign and P.E.A.C.E. Plan.

Passing the bill would have "a chilling effect" on the HIV/AIDS ministry of churches in Uganda, the southern California pastor added. With the proposed legislation threatening to penalize those who provide counseling to someone struggling with their sexuality and work with people infected with HIV/AIDS and who do not report the homosexual within 24 hours of knowledge, fewer people who are HIV positive will seek care from the churches out of fear of being reported.

"You and I know that the churches of Uganda are the truly caring communities where people receive hope and help, not condemnation," the megachurch pastor said in his video message.

While affirming that marriage is intended to be between one man and one woman and that all sex outside of marriage is not what God intends, Warren also stressed, "Jesus also taught us that the greatest commandment is to love our neighbors as ourselves. Since God created all, and Jesus suffered and died for all, then we are to treat all with respect.

"The Great Commandment has been the centerpiece of my life and ministry for over 35 years."

Rick Warren Condemns Uganda Anti-Gay Bill After Faith, LGBT Groups Call for Response

Pastor Rick Warren, whose work fighting AIDS has taken him around the continent and has given him the opportunity to visit and work in Uganda many times, posted on Friday a Twitter message reading: "An unjust law in Uganda is back in the news. I opposed it 3 yrs ago and I still do," which was also shared with The Christian Post by Kristin Cole, a spokesperson for Warren.

In his statement three years ago, Warren stated that it was not his role to interfere with the politics of other countries, but that he still has a duty to speak out on moral issues. He said the bill was "unjust, extreme and un-Christian toward homosexuals."

As to why he hadn't made the statement when the bill first started making rounds in Uganda's parliament, he said that "some erroneously concluded that I supported this terrible bill, and some even claimed I was a sponsor of the bill. He added, "I oppose the criminalization of homosexuality."

Faithful America, an online community of citizens motivated by various faiths who speak up on social and political issues, shared with The Christian Post that over 13,000 people have signed an online petition calling for Pastor Warren to take a more prominent stand against the proposed death penalty provision tied to Uganda's anti-gay bill.

"Rick Warren, it's time for you to again speak out against the Ugandan legislation that would make homosexuality punishable by life in prison or even the death penalty," the petition urges. "Your history of associating with anti-gay extremists in Uganda means you have a moral obligation to work tirelessly to prevent this bill from becoming law."

Watch Rick Warren's "Letter to the Pastors of Uganda"
Saddleback Church pastor Rick Warren issues a "letter to the pastors of Uganda" in this 2009 video available for viewing on YouTube.

here is a letter from Pastor Rick Warren, Saddleback pastor, criticizing the proposed law as "unjust, extreme, and un-Christian."

Originally Posted By: Rick Warren
Dear fellow pastors in Uganda,

I greet you in the name and love of Jesus Christ as I send this encyclical video to the pastors of the churches of Uganda with greetings from your fellow pastors around the world. May grace and peace be with you this Christmas season.

We are all familiar with Edmund Burke's insight, "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." That is why I'm sharing my heart with you today. As an American pastor, it is not my role to interfere with the politics of other nations, but it IS my role to speak out on moral issues. It is my role to shepherd other pastors who look to me for guidance, and it is my role to correct lies, errors and false reports when others associate my name with a law that I had nothing to do with, completely oppose and vigorously condemn. I am referring to the pending law under consideration by the Ugandan Parliament, known as the Anti-Homosexuality Bill.

As a pastor, I've found the most effective way to build consensus for social change is usually through direct quiet diplomacy and behind-the-scenes dialogue, rather than through media. But because I didn't rush to make a public statement, some erroneously concluded that I supported this terrible bill, and some even claimed I was a sponsor of the bill. You in Uganda know that is untrue.

I am releasing this video to you and your congregations to correct these untruths and to urge you to make a positive difference at this critical point in your nation.

While we can never deny or water down what God's Word clearly teaches about sexuality, at the same time the church must stand to protect the dignity of all individuals - as Jesus did and commanded all of us to do.

Let me be clear that God's Word states that all sex outside of marriage is not what God intends. Jesus reaffirmed what Moses wrote that marriage is intended to be between one man and one woman committed to each other for life. Jesus also taught us that the greatest commandment is to love our neighbors as ourselves. Since God created all, and Jesus suffered and died for all, then we are to treat all with respect. The Great Commandment has been the centerpiece of my life and ministry for over 35 years.

Of course, there are thousands of evil laws enacted around the world and I cannot speak to pastors about every one of them, but I am taking the extraordinary step of speaking to you - the pastors of Uganda and spiritual leaders of your nation - for five reasons:

First, the potential law is unjust, extreme and un-Christian toward homosexuals, requiring the death penalty in some cases. If I am reading the proposed bill correctly, this law would also imprison anyone convicted of homosexual practice.

Second, the law would force pastors to report their pastoral conversations with homosexuals to authorities.

Third, it would have a chilling effect on your ministry to the hurting. As you know, in Africa, it is the churches that are bearing the primary burden of providing care for people infected with HIV/AIDS. If this bill passed, homosexuals who are HIV positive will be reluctant to seek or receive care, comfort and compassion from our churches out of fear of being reported. You and I know that the churches of Uganda are the truly caring communities where people receive hope and help, not condemnation.

Fourth, ALL life, no matter how humble or broken, whether unborn or dying, is precious to God. My wife, Kay, and I have devoted our lives and our ministry to saving the lives of people, including homosexuals, who are HIV positive. It would be inconsistent to save some lives and wish death on others. We're not just pro-life. We are whole life.

Finally, the freedom to make moral choices and our right to free expression are gifts endowed by God. Uganda is a democratic country with remarkable and wise people, and in a democracy everyone has a right to speak up. For these reasons, I urge you, the pastors of Uganda, to speak out against the proposed law.

My role, and the role of the PEACE Plan, whether in Uganda or any other country, is always pastoral, not political. I vigorously oppose anything that hinders the goals of the PEACE Plan: Promoting reconciliation, Equipping ethical leaders, Assisting the poor, Caring for the sick, and Educating the next generation, which includes the protection of children.

Please know that you and the people of Uganda are in my constant prayers. This Christmas season I pray you will experience the three purposes of Christmas as announced by the angel at the birth of Christ. First, the angel said, "I bring you good news of great joy." Christmas is a time of celebration - Jesus is the Good News for the whole world. God came to earth to be with us! Next, the angel said, "For unto us is born this day a Savior, who is Christ the Lord!" Christmas is a time for salvation. If we didn't need a Savior, God would not have sent one. Finally, the angel said, "Peace on earth, good will toward men." Christmas is a time for reconciliation. The message of Christmas is good cheer, good news and good will for the whole world.

It is my prayer that the churches and people of Uganda will experience all three of these this season. May God bless you; and may God bless the nation of Uganda.

Rick Warren

Watch Rick Warren's "Letter to the Pastors of Uganda"
Saddleback Church pastor Rick Warren issues a "letter to the pastors of Uganda" in this 2009 video available for viewing on YouTube.

War
Love
Poetry

#461777 - 02/28/14 10:47 PM Re: The charge is "aggravated homosexuality"... [Re: lapchinj]
victor-victim Offline

Originally Posted By: lapchinj

The cossacks were the skinheads of past generations, same mentality based on hate.

Peace, Rainbows, Love, Healing & Hope
Jeff

my grandfather was born in the ukraine.
i have to say that Cossacks are not a "hate group" and they are not "skinheads".

The name Cossack is derived from the Turkic kazak (free man), meaning anyone who could not find his appropriate place in society and went into the steppes, where he acknowledged no authority.

Ethnic or "born" (prirodnye) Cossacks are those who can trace, or claim to trace, their ancestry to people and families identified as Cossacks in the Tsarist era. They tend to be Christian, practicing as Orthodox Christians or Old Believers. This group includes the edinovertsy, who identify as Slavic.
Others can be initiated as Cossacks, particularly men in military service. Such initiates may be neither ethnic Slavic nor Christian in religion. Not everyone agrees that such initiates should be considered Cossack. There is no consensus on an initiation rite or rules.
In other cases, individuals may put on a Cossack uniform and pretend to be one, perhaps because there is a large ethnic Cossack population in the area and the person wants to fit in. Others adopt Cossack clothing to try to take on some of their mythic status. Ethnic Cossacks refer to the re-enactors as ryazhenye ("dressed up phonies").

War
Love
Poetry

#461783 - 02/28/14 11:53 PM Re: The charge is "aggravated homosexuality"... [Re: Chase Eric]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Hey Victor

Please read my PM I sent you <3

Jeff

#461817 - 03/01/14 05:25 PM Re: The charge is "aggravated homosexuality"... [Re: Chase Eric]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

To all

I am sorry that I have diverted this thread into parts of history that don't belong in this discussion of Uganda and other countries that have also passed anti gay legislation.

I promise that I will try my best to not lose sight of the discussion at hand.

I am also truly sorry if I offended anyone with my ill chosen similarities to other peoples and countries.

I beg you all for forgiveness

<3 XOXO
Jeff

#462233 - 03/08/14 03:48 PM Re: The charge is "aggravated homosexuality"... [Re: Chase Eric]
TW16 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Utah
I think making homosexuality illegal is messed up. I unfortunately have had a taste of this when I was a kid.

When I was 15 years old, I was locked up for stating that I thought a boy at school was cute. When I told someone this, I was locked up the next day and remained there for five (5) days until a judge released me. The judge said she knew nothing nor authorized an arrest, and she really chewed out the prosecutor asking him where he went to law school and if he was recommending I be locked up until I finish puberty. "He's a 15-year old boy with raging hormones! It's called puberty1 where did you go to law school?" Then the judge told me that apparently going through puberty is a crime.

The second incident was when I was about 18 or 19 years old. I was in another hearing when I was asked if I was gay and still attracted to other boys. Since I couldn't plead the Fifth and had to say "yes", they then replied, "Then we're going to keep you locked up until you change your sexual orientation." Someone said that if they do that then they will put me on the news and tell how I am being incarcerated for being gay; The headline would read something like "Teen locked up for being gay". Also, I told then that locking me up until I was no longer gay would be a life sentence because, according to them and society, nobody can change their sexual orientation.

It was argued that the reason I thought I was gay is because I was confused as a result of being severely sexually abused and that I needed help for that. "Well, he can get therapy while he is locked up." And that is how it was.

They also tried to charge me with perjury for saying that I was not gay.

I learned to never tell anyone you are gay or question your sexuality, and never tell anyone you were abused by another boy or people will think you are gay and enjoyed it. That is the reaction I got from these experiences.

TW16

#462236 - 03/08/14 04:26 PM Re: The charge is "aggravated homosexuality"... [Re: Chase Eric]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey TW16

Is that still going on today in Utah? That's a really fucked up criminal system they have there.

How did they change their minds to let you go. Perjury, where did any of them go to law school? Uganda???

That's really, really nuts crazy

Jeff

#462383 - 03/11/14 02:46 AM Re: The charge is "aggravated homosexuality"... [Re: Chase Eric]
TW16 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Utah
There is a lot of back story and details I left out, but in a nutshell that is what happened to me. That is why it doesn't make sense.

I wish ai didn't write that post; I feel really awful about it--like I have done something wrong. And I don't recall mentioning that it was in Utah.

TW16

#462410 - 03/11/14 08:15 PM Re: The charge is "aggravated homosexuality"... [Re: Chase Eric]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey TW16

Sorry I just assumed that it was in Utah because that's what you have under your avatar. I don't want to pry but why would you feel awful about the post. When I was a kid in the 60's I went to find a part time job and they told me I should come back when I get a haircut. In those days if you had longish hair you were a hippie and if you were a hippie then you were a faggot. Nobody knew I was gay and I never heard that word when I was a kid. You were either a homo or a faggot, if you were a real faggot then you got the shit kicked out of you. But yes there are a lot of people in the justice systems here in the good ole US of A that seemed to have gotten their law degrees in Uganda.

I was constantly bullied in high school, I had a bad time. I was stripped naked in the lunchroom during lunch, that set off my first suicide attempt at 14, but there was more to that story also and not just being sripped, it was the culmination of what was going on with me for a few months before that lunchroom ordeal. It seems that the way so many people around the world dole out justice in countries is to rape them. So who is the real faggots then?

I think that your post even though it was "in a nutshell" shows the bigotry wherever it happened.

Jeff

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.