Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
2 registered (CafeMan, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63219 Topics
442055 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#462169 - 03/07/14 03:14 AM Re: my husband is acting out [Re: Brokenwife]
Brokenwife Offline

ugh never mind! The F*%king smileys are back!

#462170 - 03/07/14 03:47 AM Re: my husband is acting out [Re: Brokenwife]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey Brokenwife,
it was very nice for me to read how you were honest with your kids and that you shared all your concerns with them. I hope your husband would finally try to take some action and look for help.
You are very brave woman, mother and partner. Your husband was very lucky man to have such wise spouse as support.
I hope everything will be alright; it is great to see some smiles coming back wink

Pero

#462184 - 03/07/14 01:33 PM Re: my husband is acting out [Re: Brokenwife]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Brokenwife,

It is not your fault that you are put in this situation.

Neither is it your fault that you have been forced into managing the family alone during this season of events.

It is healthy and proper to establish the boundaries of unacceptable behavior, especially abandonment and disrespect.

You sound like you have a good portion of courage, compassion, and wisdom to work with. Those are powerful attributes that will get you and your family through this time.

Your children are of the age that they may demonstrate moments of great support and courage. Take in and acknowledge those moments of their maturity, forgive the moments of their faltering (perhaps lashing out) in their young years, and remember that you are wiser and stronger than you believe or feel you are.

The incident a few weeks ago regarding your husband asleep in the car for an hour.... was he passed out, or did he do that intentionally? How far is his mind running with thoughts of self-destruction? Please, for the sake of all involved, find out the details of that incident, directly but compassionately discuss it with him, and find out if he has any thoughts of intentionally harming himself. If he has a plan to harm himself, please do not hesitate for a second; call 911 immediately and get professionals to intervene.

Again, I encourage you to introduce a professional therapist into this situation, as a therapist trained in this area will make all the difference in your health and the outcome of this situation. All is most definitely not lost.

I echo the well-wishes of the others here. It is quite possible your husband will find his path to healing and will return to being the man who first won your heart.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.