Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
6 registered (woodenshoes, Obi, 4 invisible), 33 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63649 Topics
444527 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#462095 - 03/05/14 10:02 PM take a winter walk.
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y447...zpszvslxrek.jpg

I took a long walk at a nearby Civil War site on Tuesday of this week. It was a beautiful, peaceful, cold snowy walk that lasted about an hour or so. I was able to walk through pristine snow in the back fields. The only footprints left were mine behind me and those of the deer that had passed before me.

This image was taken about 5:30. The sky had the glow of a late winter evening, the sun was haloed, and the shadows falling across the snow were muted. It was as if for an instant I was as clean as the landscape that fell before me.

And looking behind me as I walked, and then looking before me at the clean snow, I just imagined I was creating a new path for ME to follow, looking behind to see where I had been, but focused in front to see where I was going. It was sort of a downer when I had made it back to the front of the site and almost to my car.

But it is a great photo of the landscape-. And it was taken with my old cell phone… and still a pretty good image.

bill

#462105 - 03/06/14 02:19 AM Re: take a winter walk. [Re: ThisMan]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
What a wonderful scenery and peaceful atmosphere, you caught is so well and I like it very much, thanks for sharing and bring us more wink

#462109 - 03/06/14 07:16 AM Re: take a winter walk. [Re: ThisMan]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
laugh

Bill,

I've often gained significant insight during tranquil solo walks. Thank you for sharing,

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#462151 - 03/06/14 08:57 PM Re: take a winter walk. [Re: ThisMan]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Hi Bill. Thanks for sharing this with us. I had my own peaceful walk when it snowed here a few weeks ago. Went out after midnight and walked through the town I live in. With no cars left on the icy roads, it was amazing how quite the town was. Only the soft pitter-patter of the falling snow and the hum of an occasional HVAC unit could be heard. Totally surreal for here. I wished it could have lasted somehow.

Thanks again for sharing and, by the way, it's good seeing you. wink Peace,

Ken

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.