Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441809 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#461010 - 02/18/14 01:55 PM The NSPCC and their stance on mandatory reporting
tbkkfile Offline

Loc: Surrey, United Kingdom

#461340 - 02/23/14 12:23 PM Re: The NSPCC and their stance on mandatory reporting [Re: tbkkfile]
Syfer Offline

Loc: Europe
It would be hard to make up this nonsense but the NSPCC is very close to Government and successive Governments have misled most social workers and child protection 'experts' into believing law exists that requires suspected and known abuse to be reported to the Local Authority.

If you want to know more follow @MandateNow, a coalition of five survivor charities which are campaigning for change. They have a petition:
http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/ed...buse-mandatenow

Please go take a read and sign. The child protection framework almost doesn't exist in schools and other institutions.

Here is what @MandateNow is seeking : http://www.thesurvivorstrust.org/documents/5-minute-guide.pdf

Edited by Syfer (02/23/14 12:32 PM)

#461720 - 02/28/14 11:34 AM Re: The NSPCC and their stance on mandatory reporting [Re: tbkkfile]
tbkkfile Offline

Loc: Surrey, United Kingdom
Hi Syfer - thanks for the info, it's one I've already signed. I just can't get my head around why? without mandatory reporting laid out in law it's like asking turkeys to vote on whether to have Christmas.

#461881 - 03/02/14 02:07 PM Re: The NSPCC and their stance on mandatory reporting [Re: tbkkfile]
Syfer Offline

Loc: Europe
You and an increasing prtoportion of people in the UK simply 'don't get it.' The NSPCC's back seems to be turned on their benefeciaries (it is a charity) and it now looks increasingly like a department of government.

It should advocate for children - but uppermost in its mind seems to be its relationship with Government. And so it has become part of the problem. It sucks millions out of childrens charity giving to promulgate the Government's ludicrous position of 'discretionary reporting'. There is a surprise!

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.