Newest Members
JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish, JPmc
12437 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
2 registered (don64, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12437 Members
74 Forums
63846 Topics
445822 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#461661 - 02/27/14 08:33 PM brand new here
Gypsy123 Offline

Hi people im new here as of yesterday arvo. (southern hemisphere time) I found this "site" on a study my Therapist gave me to read two days ago. The study was american of 26 men who had been abused. Deep down i think i knew i wasnt alone in this but to see these mens thoughts on paper was a shock to me. What these guys described and thought was ME! Lastnight i went online and had a look through some forums here. The understanding and compassion is AMAZING. I must admit some things gave me vivid nightmares. I suppose a trigger. I think that is normal thyough. Thankyou all for being here and talking. Its noot the done thing where im from. Hence all of my female therapists. (i just finds it e3asier that way) anyway everyone TRY and stay strong and ill be reading and typing and making sence of all THIS. Thanks from Gypsy123

#461662 - 02/27/14 08:40 PM Re: brand new here [Re: Gypsy123]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
hey, Gypsy -

good that you found us. sorry about the triggers. yeah - that happens. take it easy and don't overdo it. i got so badly triggered my first time that i didn't come back - or even remember i'd come here before - for several years. so please be as gentle, kind and understanding with yourself as you can. take breaks when you need to.

tell us more about yourself when you feel able to. it really does help. and there is guaranteed to be someone who will understand - the support and affirmation from other members here is amazing. it has been a lifeline for me. and a big bonus is being able to give others an understanding ear and helping hand as well.

i am open to PMs if you ever feel the need.
wishing you well,
lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#461663 - 02/27/14 08:55 PM Re: brand new here [Re: Gypsy123]
Gypsy123 Offline

Thankyou lee. I will move forward slowly. (thats the opposite to how i normally do things lol) I just watched a link from a post called bikes against child abuse. Thats given me strength to get out of my own headspace and do simple things ie, grocery shop.
Thanks again everyone. Ill be back when ive fuelled up. Ive been told by health pros that i MUST eat when im in this space. I hope to tell more about myself soon. Like i said slowly. One day at a time. Cheers Gypsy123

#461674 - 02/27/14 11:13 PM Re: brand new here [Re: Gypsy123]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Welcome Gypsy,

It sounds like you are well on your way to healing. Let nothing sidetrack you.

Be well,

Jude
I get a little bit closer to feeling fine.
Sheryl Crow

#461676 - 02/27/14 11:22 PM Re: brand new here [Re: Gypsy123]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
welcome, gypsy123.
looking forward to hearing more from you.
take your time,
guard your soul and protect your heart at all times.

War
Love
Poetry

#461797 - 03/01/14 12:45 PM Re: brand new here [Re: Gypsy123]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Hi, Gypsy,

Welcome aboard; you're in good company, I assure you. I'll keep an eye out for you in the forums and chat.

If ever you visit the chatroom (it took me several weeks after I joined) you'll find some good folks there. Many have become online friends over a period of time and so the conversation may, at times, be lighthearted about current events or daily personal matters like hobbies, etc. If ever you enter chat and need to break into the conversation to ask something more "on topic" about what's going on in your own life, please feel free to do so. That's why we're all here.

You're surrounded with support here.

#461903 - 03/02/14 05:43 PM Re: brand new here [Re: Gypsy123]
Adam A Gedman Offline

Loc: Canada
Hey Gypsy,

I am sorry for your reason to be here, but glad for you that you have found us.

It took me many years to get here, but thank the day that I found this site.
The idea of group therapy scared the hell out of me, and so this site was the happy middle ground, and has helped me tremendously.

I too hope you can find the healing you need. There is an incredible amount of support and empathy to be had.

Speak your truth when you are ready, and we will be here to listen.

Take care and welcome.

Formerly Adam A Gedman (AKA - A damAGed man)

But you can call me Kevin

Toronto Mini WoR - May 2014

#461921 - 03/02/14 09:40 PM Re: brand new here [Re: Gypsy123]
gettingstronger Offline

Loc: Virginia
Hi Gypsy,

Welcome aboard! I'm glad you found this site! The information here, and all the supportive people, have truly been nothing short of a miracle for me. I was "stuck in the mud" for nearly forty years until I found this place, then the healing really started to happen.

I hope you have the same experience. In the meantime, you're with friends. PM, post or chat as you see fit and are comfortable, and most of all, be kind to yourself.

If I can make a reading recommendation or two, I'd recommend reading the "all lies!" thread here at MS. It does a wonderful job of debunking the falsehoods so many survivors were led to believe. You might also check out the "myths and facts" sections both here and at other sites like www.1in6.org.

Be well and, again, welcome.

Bob

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.