Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 32 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63646 Topics
444502 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#461485 - 02/25/14 02:28 PM my safe place
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
lots going on right now.
many major stressors.
even without the underlying and over-arching issues of CSA, i would be anxious because of all the other changes:
selling our house,
trying to make sense of our finances and plan for the future,
being assessed by our current "employers",
considering resigning and joining a new placement organization,
looking for new job assignments,
facing a major move,
potential legal issues,
computer problems,
medical and dental treatments,
lots of uncertainty and upheaval...

anyway - i come here to unwind and feel safe and find sanctuary and comfort and reassurance that i am ok and that i can make it through this rough spot. how ironic is that - that the thing that makes me feel the best is being in the company of other wounded, suffering, struggling - but tenacious and resilient survivors?!

this is home.
this is where i belong.
i need you guys.
- lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#461487 - 02/25/14 02:32 PM Re: my safe place [Re: traveler]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Lee

I am glad MS helps relieve the stresses and take your mind off the problems of the day and CSA. You have been a great supporter to many and your words are always encouraging and comforting.

I am glad you find the same sense of support here that so many of have found. Try to relax and not let the daily problems overwhelm, take care of yourself.

Kevin

#461494 - 02/25/14 04:40 PM Re: my safe place [Re: traveler]
On The Fringe Offline

Loc: Southeast USA
Glad you come here! I need you just as much.

Peace

#461500 - 02/25/14 08:47 PM Re: my safe place [Re: traveler]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

(((Lee)))

Sorry to hear you've got so much going on. Sometimes it seems like there's no end to all the stresses life throws at you, but you'll pull through. We need you too. Hang in there.

#461539 - 02/26/14 07:20 AM Re: my safe place [Re: traveler]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey (((Lee))),
life is difficult sometimes with so many challenges and changes.
I'm sure everything will be alright.
I'm praying for you and your family!

Pero

PS. I feel blessed that I meet you and other guys here wink

#461545 - 02/26/14 09:11 AM Re: my safe place [Re: traveler]
Landscape Offline

{{Lee}}
I feel for you. I'm going through several of the same things you have on your list right now as well. This is a difficult time for me, and the next week will be pretty critical.

When I'm unaware of the stress, I overreact, can't sleep, feel broken, hopeless and beat myself up over silly things. When I'm aware of it, I can deal with it better.

When I read your list, I realized how much stress my list of things was causing in me, and how unaware I was of the stress. Isn't it amazing how good we are at suppressing our feelings?

Knowing that you, and this group of men is here for support and encouragement gives me hope and strength. I hope it does the same for you.

Be strong.

#461548 - 02/26/14 11:36 AM Re: my safe place [Re: traveler]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

(((Lee)))

Precisely. Maybe we find an special peace knowing that we are in a group of people who are also looking for that as well.

Something that has helped me is to remember that a problem-free life is an illusion. It doesn't exist. It never will exist. We all have problems - big and small - and we will until the day we die.

I once heard someone suggest we are all either blisters or oranges. Whatever comes out of us when those problems push our buttons was there under the surface the whole time. Sweet juice or festering pus - our reactions to those problems really have nothing to do with the problems at all.

Those realizations have kept my gyro spinning true through many storms. So I share them with you. Keep your eyes on the horizon and remember that despite all the distractions, life continues to slip away like a long ribbon of pavement under your tires. That's where the real joy is. Don't let your problems be so overwhelming as to forget to enjoy the ride.

Click my pic to see why I'm here

#461565 - 02/26/14 04:48 PM Re: my safe place [Re: traveler]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
((( Lee))) -

You are needed here as well. I am sorry you have so much on your plate right now. Remember to take a deep breath, and maybe a walk to clear the mind if the temps ever warm up! Thinking good thoughts of you, sir.

bill.

#461590 - 02/26/14 08:52 PM Re: my safe place [Re: traveler]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

(((((((Lee)))))))

Sorry to hear there is so much turmoil in your world at the moment. I'm glad that MS can be a place of refuge for you when life is such a whirlwind, just as it is for me. You can certainly count me as one of those that is glad you are here, as you have been a voice in the darkness for me many times. Good luck sailing through these troubled waters. My thoughts are with you, my friend. Peace,

Ken

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.