Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rpalm06 (46)
Who's Online
2 registered (JW1230, 1 invisible), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63556 Topics
444033 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#457233 - 12/22/13 12:51 PM Another show for the wall of shame
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
And appropriately enough, it's the Showtime series "Shameless."

TRIGGERS

In one episode, a man (William H. Macy) is hooking up with a woman (Joan Cusack). At first she seems demure, but when they get in private she handcuffs him to the bed frame and prepares to sodomize him with a huge dildo. He begs and pleads her not to in an obvious panic, then we hear his screams as she succeeds. It is played COMPLETELY for laughs and becomes a recurring "joke" theme throughout at least the next several episodes.

Do I even need to mention the words "public reception" and "genders reversed"? Bah. Sometimes I think the world can never be made any better.

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#457265 - 12/23/13 08:31 AM Re: Another show for the wall of shame [Re: SoccerStar]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Deplorable. The entertainment industry is shameful when it resorts to these measures for funding. William H. Macy _was_ a respected actor in my humble opinion. I will not watch anymore of his work.

#457592 - 12/29/13 12:09 PM Re: Another show for the wall of shame [Re: SoccerStar]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Originally Posted By: SoccerStar
Do I even need to mention the words "public reception" and "genders reversed"? Bah. Sometimes I think the world can never be made any better.

Hi Matt. Yeah, I feel the same way about the double-standard probably never going away. The stupidity and ignorance of the masses never fails to amaze me. I've never seen this show but I have heard of it. I've considered checking it out on Netflix or something before, because I've always heard good things about it and know it's gotten positive reviews. That said, I'm glad you posted this. You just saved me potential countless hours of watching a show that just would have pissed me off. Peace,

Ken

#461338 - 02/23/14 11:26 AM Re: Another show for the wall of shame [Re: SoccerStar]
On The Fringe Offline

Loc: Southeast USA
Female violence to men is laughed at.

Men sodomized on TV.

Girls in school kicking boys in the balls for fun and for the most part getting away with it.

I wait for the pendulum of fairness to swing the other way.

It is a small number of abusive people out there, not the majority or norm, but it is still disgusting.

It is like some women see equality with men as adopting the vices of the worst of them.

Thankfully most are nice, normal people . It is easy to focus on a tiny percent and get bitter or jaded.

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.